Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below in the University of Jos:
Job Title: PTDF Professorial Chair in Geology and Mineral Science
Location: Plateau, Jos
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the post of PTDF Professorial Chair must be an experienced Professor preferably in Sedimentary Geology, and Mineral Science, Petroleum Geology, and should possess a higher degree preferably PhD degree in the relevant field (s) with proven academic excellence and sufficient intellectual merit in that field.
- Demonstrable ability to initiate, develop and supervise research projects, a good record of scholarly publications in reputable journals and a capacity for academic leadership will also be required.
Other conditions of the appointee to include:
- The appointment shall be for a three year period in the first instance and renewable for another two years based on performance.
- The selected candidate shall in addition to research, teach relevant courses in Petroleum Geology/Sedimentology and Mineral Science at undergraduate and graduate levels as well as carry out other academic duties as may be assigned by the University.
The research areas for the candidate shall comprise:
- Petroleum System Analysis of Nigeria’s Inland Sedimentary.
- Evaluation of contributions of Cretaceous source Rocks to Petroleum development in the Benue Trough.
- Reservoir Characterization of Oil Fields including Onshore to Deep Water, and Solid Mineral Rocks Property Models.
- The candidate shall have adequate research experience in the Research areas stated above.
- Each application shall be accompanied by a short proposal in the research area which shall be presented and discussed during the interview.
Deadline: 15th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications together with fifteen (15) copies of Curriculum Vitae, indicating post applied for, name, age, nationality, marital status, educational institutions attended with dates, qualifications obtained with dates, working experience and telephone numbers should be addressed to:
University of Jos,
PMB 2084, Jos,
- Applicants should send the names of three (3) referees, at least two of whom should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s professional/academic standing and character.
- Candidates should request their referees to send the confidential reports direct to the above address.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.