IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Control
About the job
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Control. Based in Lagos, you are responsible for tracking trends in reported actuals, reviewing financial reports, and monitoring and ensuring adherence to internal control, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and tax reporting requirements.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc.
- Professional qualification, e.g. ACCA/ICAN, is mandatory.
- +12-13 years’ relevant experience, with most recent 7 in audit and assurance, accounting consulting and preparation of IFRS financial statements.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- National & International Accounting Standards
- Financial Reporting
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Communication
- Use of MS Office Tools, e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.
- Use of Accounting Software (D365 and OneStream)
- Workload Management.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Relationship Building.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Own the monthly close process.
- Own the balance sheet and income statement, ensuring integrity of the financial statements.
- Review monthly and quarterly management reporting packages in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) guidelines.
- Prepare and review annual reporting package in line with IFRS.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, providing NG GAAP and IFRS interpretation.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team.
- Implement accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Manage communications with internal auditors on accounting and other compliance issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- Preparation of impairment workings and IFRS 9 memo on quarterly basis.
- Coordinate and prepare regulatory permit accrual workings on quarterly basis.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director, Financial Control.
Deadline: 27th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online