Ocean Crest Fire Protection Company Limited is a registered Nigerian company that provides sales, installation and maintenance of all kinds of safety equipment in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder and Fitter (Structural Steel and Piping Fabrication)
Location: Egbeda, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
For the project, the successful candidate:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have Trade Test Certificate and qualifications with minimum of 2 years active working experience in the steel fabrication, construction and welding industry
- Additional technical and professional training would be desirable.
- Excellent Job task planning and organizing.
Deadline: 19th January, 2021.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com The subject of the mail should be “Welders and Fitters (Structural Steel and Piping Fabrication)”.