Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina was established by the Katsina State Law No 7 of 2006 as amended by Law No. 2 of 2009.
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University aspires to be one of the best Universities in Nigeria with an established reputation for high quality teaching and research and innovative learning delivery techniques and to be in full harmony with its host community as the formulator of its hopes and aspirations and the promoter of its core cultural and spiritual values.
The Management of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina on behalf of the Governing Council, is hereby soliciting for applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Finance Officer of the University. He/she is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for:
- Day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Advising on the financial policies, budgeting, disbursement of funds, purchasing and contracts;
- Preparation and presentation of annual estimates, planning, control and periodic evaluation of University accounting and treasury service, including investment of funds;
- Preparation and updating of Manual of Financial Procedures; and
- Carrying out other duties as may be assigned and provide professional and community service.
Qualification and Experience
Candidate for this post should:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting not below second class from a recognized University;
- Be able to demonstrate ability to formulate and implement financial policies and produce manual of University financial procedures;
- Be a computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages and;
- Be of good character.
- Be a full member of any recognized Professional Accountancy Body such as ICAN, ANAN, ACCA;
- Possess NYSC discharge/exemption certificate;
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, five (5) years of which must be in top Management position, preferably at Deputy Bursar’s level in a public tertiary institution;
- Possession of any relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to the position are the same with the approved salary structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 2nd March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to complete University employment form (which is to be acquired in the Bursary Department) with 15 copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with Photocopies of all Credentials and Certificates. All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelop marked “Post of Bursar, UMYU” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
2nd Floor, Engr. Musa Daji Abdullahi Senate Building,
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University,
Each applicant must provide names and addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward confidential reports on them.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.