First Ideologies Limited (FIL) – Our client, an almost completed state of the art Modular Refinery is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Corporate Services)
Employment Type: Full-time
Field: Refinery (Oil and Gas)
- We are looking for a suitable candidate to handle all her operations and technical services functions.
- The job owner shall be responsible for building the strategic direction for the Security, Community Relations, Business and Corporate communications departments within the company while liaising with other functional area heads to develop strategies that would lead to the achievement of the company’s aims and objectives.
Detailed Job Description
- Oversee and provide strategic direction for the company’s decision making and operations which include developing and implementing systems, processes and infrastructures required to support the growth and future of the company in addition to leading the development of the internal team.
- Provide advice and support to the departments within the organization on matters relating to any issue within the remit of Corporate Services;
- Monitor the budget for all the arms within the ambience of the corporate services and advise on how to minimize cost
- Work with the company legal consultant in developing legal strategy to promote and protect the company’s matters
- Manage litigations involving the company, drive and institute litigation strategies and practical legal solutions to disputes while upholding the company’s legal position and reputation
- Develop and lead internal audit and corporate compliance programs
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, and the community at large
- Advise the Management team on a variety of issues that may arise during the cause of duty
- Liaise with the company’s Executive Chairman in preparing the agenda for all meetings of the Board of Directors and take minutes of proceedings at such meetings
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and regulations that may affect the oil and gas industry and advise management on the implications for the brand
- Monitor local and international media on issues relating to the industry and ensure prompt and favourable coverage of our projects, CSRs and other approved activities through maintenance of good working relationships with the media.
- Develop and maintain internal communication strategy, delivering timely and effective communication throughout the organisation
- Prepare press releases, manage press conference and leverage the opportunities therein.
- Act as a spokesman of the organisation and present the company’s position on all issues atpublic events as delegated by the management
- Review all contracts, MoUs, agreements and all documentation where the company has committed itself and highlight legal implications that need to be brought to the attention of the Management.
- Maintain contract compliance in line with the company policies and procedures, ensure all issues are resolved and escalated when necessary.
- Advise management on issues related to the company’s corporate reputation and recommend appropriate course of action
- Lead in the development of legal policies, processes and procedures in line with the Nigerian law and the strategic objectives of the company
- Perform other functions as may be requested by the Company Executive Director
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of B.L. Degree or other Degrees in social sciences
- Minimum of 10 years cumulative experience in a Legal and Marketing/Corporate Communications role of a Group business with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the requirements of a company secretary
- An MBA will be an added advantage
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to provide visionary and strategic leadership and translates vision into measurable goals and definitive actions;
- Innovative and a problem solver;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and business acumen;
- Highly skilled in community involvement and engagement and in building strategic partnerships and collaborations;
- Experienced in coordinating multi-disciplinary technical team across commercials, facility management, public relations, logistics and Legal
- Extensive hands-on experience in the day to day operations of corporate services within an organization especially oil and gas sector
- Experience with administrative and fiscal management, budgeting and operations;
- Demonstrates effective delegation of staff responsibilities and a system of follow up and accountability;
- Inspiring and inclusive leadership style with demonstrable track record of managing and supporting staff;
N13,854,702 – N16,038,550 annually.
Job Title: General Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, an almost completed state of the art Modular Refinery is looking for a suitable candidate to handle all her operations and technical services functions.
- The General Manager (Operations and technical services) will head and lead the Operations and technical services function of the company, and will report directly to the Managing Director (MD) or Chief Operating Officer(COO) of the company in discharging the following functions:
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
In the exercise of his managerial and supervisory responsibilities, the General Manager will support the line of report to:
- Contribute strategic direction and leadership in line with the corporate business plan and strategy for operations and technical services functional unit.
- implement business strategic decisions as relate to operations and technical services functional unit;
- implement strategic plans that reflect the long-term objectives and priorities as delegated by the line of report;
- maintain, control and appraise the unit performance against budget and plans;
- monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- take full responsibility in the implementation of the company’s operations department decisions and review with the line of report;
- foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good corporate governance and employee productivity.
Operational Responsibilities & Tasks:
- The General Manager (Operations and technical services) will carry out the following and other operational duties as may be assigned to him by the line report:
- Oversee the activities of staff of the operations and technical services department;
- Ensure effective mobilization, control and utilization of departmental resources;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of services provided to clients and other stakeholders.
- Exercise a high level of independent judgment in the development and implementation of a comprehensive facility condition assessment, short and long term maintenance plans and preventative maintenance program
- Conduct risk assessment and manage the department’s strategic decisions to mitigate failures;
- Ensuring all operational activities are performed in accordance with company Quality and HSSE standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Overseeing operational activities efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring all the operational teams achieve their objectives in accordance with company standards, procedures and guidelines
- Planning, coordinating and controlling assigned activities, ensuring the management of the job and all key decisions relative to work execution.
- Ensuring the local operations management system is developed, implemented and maintained consistently with company standards and guidelines, and ensuring this contains all necessary policies and procedures to safely operate the facilities
- Ensuring, in collaboration with the relevant corporate Human Resources function, a schedule defining the quality and quantity needs of personnel from time to time, granting and monitoring resources growth and ensuring the necessary support to the respective departments in the correct staffing activities.
- Negotiate, develop and maintain contractual arrangements with key clients and suppliers to deliver best value and service levels;
- Maintain and sustain the company’s quality, health and safety standards, training and meetings in line with company policies and procedures;
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the line of report informed of all critical issues, and operational risks with solutions and seeking approvals as appropriate
- Stakeholder management – build strong relationships and contacts with clients, potential clients, key policy influencers, allied professional bodies, for the sake business continuity
- Attend senior management weekly and monthly review meetings to present and defend operations department’s reports and execute decisions arising from the meetings;
- respond to operations inquiries as may be delegated by the line of report;
- Must have a degree in Petroleum Engineering or other related discipline
- A minimum of 10-15 years cognate/relevant Upstream or downstream oil and Gas experience 5-6 of which was in senior management position in designated skill pool.
- MBA will also be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of general business in oil and gas (Asset Evaluation, Economics, Development and Facilities, Production Operations).
- JV presentation and good presentation skills both written and verbal in English.
- Exposure to general management where candidate have had responsibility for a multitude of functions (i.e. Sales, Commercial, Operations, QHSE)
- Experience in coordinating multi-location teams will be an advantage.
- Ability to resource, develop, manage and motivate team of individuals required to actualize company aspirations
- Must be self-motivated and highly ambitious with a strong desire to be part / driver of company’s aggressive growth program.
- Full knowledge of HSE policies and practices.
N13,854,702 – N16,038,550 annually.
Deadline: 15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the Mail.