Phase3 Telecom is an aerial fiber optic network infrastructure provider, providing connectivity, network management and data storage services to wholesale, enterprise and retail customers across West Africa.The company was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Cadre: Technical Officer
Department: Network Operation and Maintenance
- The FSE is to carry out maintenance, make service repairs and install engineering equipment products
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective management of all active network equipment, analyze equipment’s current card performance and responsible for technical management of the entire pop.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (RPM) and corrective maintenance (CM), carryout long-haul route survey on existing aerial optic fiber and other transmission paths.
- Ensure that all aspect of the network operations run smoothly, maintain end-to-end interconnectivity with immediate remote pops for stable network availability.
- Provide remote support for the NOC operations and other technical request from HQ. As well as information and guidance to colleagues and other team members.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and performance of all clients aggregated circuits through his/her node and maintain good technical relationship with clients at all times.
- He will be responsible for the supervision of contractors handling field contract and ensure projects are executed to standards.
- Resolve emergency network failure with deepness in the usage of OTDR for fault troubleshooting especially on aerial fiber transmission path.
- Carryout installations and maintenance of network equipment (e.g. DWDM/SDH).
- Ensure temporary restoration of network in critical situation/difficult terrain. Plan permanent restoration and manage OFC stringing, tensioning and perform splicing. Also, provide quick resolution basics to reduce MTTR.
- Prepare and transmit detailed daily technical report of maintenance operations and network performance to Regional Supervisor (RS).
- Technical Training
- ND / HND in Engineering is an added advantage
- 3 years proven Field Service experience
Key Skills And Attributes:
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- English literacy
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.