Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, a reputable Oil and Gas firm is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- In the absence of the Head of Finance and Accounts Department, the Finance Manager will work closely with the Finance and Accounts Consultant who will hand hold him for a period of 2 months.
- In the absence of the Head of Finance and Accounts Department, the Finance Manager will report to the Managing Director; he / she with the assistance of the Finance and Accounts Consultant will produce accurate and timely financial results; ensuring compliance with financial regulations, industry regulations and all other relevant regulations, and communicate value and risk issues to top management and the board.
- The Finance Manager will work closely with the Finance and Accounts Consultant to the ensure accurate bookkeeping and preparation of monthly financial statements, using QuickBooks Accounting Software, and maintaining files for supporting documents and communications regarding accounting activities.
- Assist in the development of the Company’s corporate strategy and plan
- Manage and coordinate the Company’s financial business including budget preparation, fiscal control, and maintenance of payroll data and accounting records
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Adhere to the company’s or organisation’s financial policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvement where necessary
- 4 – 5 years work experience
- Accounting skills with Strong knowledge of IFRS and the application in financial accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess an above-average knowledge on the use of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software will be an added advantage
- Must possess good reporting and analytical skills
- Must possess strong ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Experience from an Accounting firm and exposure to Nigerian tax system will be highly preferred.
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting / Finance or related discipline
- Professional membership of ICAN, or ACCA is a must
- Masters Degree or MBA in Finance is an added advantage
Deadline: 5th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV as PDF or Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Finance Manager” as the subject of the email.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated, to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.