High Power Rentals prides itself on delivering turn-key solutions rather than just renting equipment. The expertise of our staff enables them to offer around-the-clock advice and technical support to keep your operation running.
Our customer profile includes companies that require temporary rental equipment for commercial buildings, schools, hospitals, telecom companies, and events. We are fully aware that equipment downtime equals lost profits or uncomfortable working conditions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Generator Maintenance Engineer
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
To take primary responsibility for the maintenance of all company gensets and vehicles in good working order.
Take ownership of all the gensets and trucks in the fleet:
- Carry out an initial assessment of assets and present condition report to MD
- Recommend and carry out /oversee repairs as required
- Create & maintain a log for signing gensets in / out from jobs certifying condition before next job
- Ensure gensets have a maximum “uptime” and availability for work by keeping close control over-servicing, repairs, adjustments (screws, bolts belts, battery terminals, doors, exhausts, etc), and top-op (of lubricant, grease, coolant, etc)
Carry out daily inspection of gensets & trucks and oversee daily “warming”:
- Carry out adjustments as required (belts, screw/bolts, terminals, etc.)
- Debrief field technicians following usage of each genset to discover any issues or incidents
- Remove from service any asset found to be defective and commence immediate repair
Planned & Reactive Maintenance:
- Ensure all gensets are serviced every 200hrs (max 240) intervals
- Keeping separate service & repair records of each generator/truck
- Maintain a spare parts inventory and handle parts orders in conjunction with the accountant
- Keep accurate records of all testing, checks, observations as required
- Attend to machine breakdowns and solve/diagnose any mechanical/electrical failures
Whilst all the above duties will require team-working with the Logistics Officer and field engineers at all times, however, the prime responsibility for asset condition remains with the maintenance engineer.
- Undertake all duties safely and in accordance with Company Health & Safety and best practice
- Provide accurate information and regular progress updates as required by management
- Carry out various other activities towards the furtherance of Rapid Rentals / Rapid Facilities Group’s business and brand.
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Qualified (City and Guilds or HND or equivalent) service engineer capable of working on generators up to 1000KVA
- Technical understanding of synchronised control systems
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills with a flexible, adaptable approach to working.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in fault-finding and servicing of Cummins diesel engines and generator sets.
- Professionally trained in Mechanical engineering, power electronics systems, mechatronic engineering.
- Expert knowledge of Deep sea control systems
- Ability to work accurately under pressure without supervision and as a team.
- Ability to interact well with superiors, customers, and colleagues professionally.
- Ability to drive.
- Seeing the Big Picture,
- Collaborating and Partnering,
- Managing a Quality Service.
N150,000 – N200,000 monthly.
Deadline: 5th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.