The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Pay band: 4
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: 1-year Fixed Term
- The purpose of this post is to support the Grants Officer in contributing to the effective co-ordination and management of the programme grant funds, in line with programme’s strategic direction and in line with client’s requirements.
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- 2 years of experience in Grants administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience of supporting grants and internal stakeholders / external partners management
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Experience of working in a grant funded project
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Fluency in local languages of North East Nigeria.
N5,431,443 per annum.
Deadline: 28th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.