Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Customer Marketing, Premium Spirits and Modern Trade
Job type: JR1043545
Location: Ikeja, Lagos (HQ)
Job type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The purpose is to own, lead and deliver great execution of our Premium and Reserve brands with customers in premium on and off trade channels working closely with the full cross functional Premium Segment team:
- This role will be the head of training for spirits in the market and leading the capability drive across internal and external staff on Diageo Bar Academy (DBA), Business of Bars and the World Class program. This role will lead the capability of each BA team and internal staff including both On and off Trade across the country.
- The role is responsible for all aspects of the Premium and Reserve Segment capability development, trade execution – Strategy Planning, Commercial Planning and Activation, Category Development, defining Luxury Execution standards, Shopper Marketing, Trade Spend Management, performance tracking and reporting for the category reporting into the Director of IPS, Reserve & Modern Trade.
- The role leads trade / channel strategy formulation and collaborates with the Marketing Manager for Premium Spirits on Brand Strategy with alignment on growth drivers to deliver business objective delivering scale and accelerating growth.
- Commercial Planning and Activation for Diageo Premium Spirits Brand Category and Trade segments – On and Off Trade.
- To build capability for total spirits across the country by developing Brand Ambassadors (BAs) whilst helping to upskill current sales / distributor teams already on the ground.
- Partnership with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver performance ambition
- Make Diageo Reserve brands the reference point for luxury execution in Nigeria beating competition and delivering performance ambition.
- Category management of Premium and Reserve business in Modern on and off trade Retail channel
- Commercial Graduate Qualification – Business related desirable though not essential (quality experience is more important than qualifications)
- A passion for luxury and Reserve with an understanding of competitors, distributors and key customers: their businesses and particularly their shoppers / consumers in the Reserve universe
- Exceptional relationship skills: proven ability to network and influence across functions and levels.
- Authentic communicator with experience of working with external stakeholders; superior presentation skills
- An expert coach and trainer of both functional and leadership capability development
- 5 – 10 years leadership and execution experience in a similar role, either within an FMCG (including drinks / luxury) environment or within the trade environment (e.g hotel, bar or restaurant senior F&B experience)
- Previous roles should have included cross functional experience particularly across Commercial and Marketing.
- Strong commercial and financial planning and decision-making skills including channel profitability and targeted trade investment management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply