APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Department: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- This position is responsible for the leadership and direction for staff and the day to day operations of the Container Terminal, create and maintain a terminal operational strategy that ensures a safe working environment, meets agreed service levels and is cost-efficient.
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the terminals business strategy within the limits of the role.
- The position will be responsible for setting and delivering the main operational initiatives which are within the strategy of the terminal.
- Establishes and implements current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies of port operations and expansions.
- The incumbent is expected to improve the quality of existing operational processes and methods on an ongoing basis.
- Provides the leadership and direction for the Port/Terminal operations and takes responsibility for effective management and safety of all operations staff.
- Leading role in selection, negotiation and finalization of agreements with suppliers & customers including execution and maintenance of SLA’s.
- Ensures operational processes comply with HSSE policies & procedures.
- Liaises with customs agents, trucking companies, customs, port authorities, etc. to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Responsible for setting and achieving the budget for the reporting functions.
- Ensures that the terminal adheres to APM Terminals Global standards on process and people development.
- Motivates, coaches and instructs all operational team members. Structures tasks and goals, establishes efficient courses of action, sets priorities, organizes information, efficiently plans and executes daily tasks.
- Supports programs and initiatives that emphasize incremental improvement in work process and outputs over an open-ended period of time.
- Liaise with labor unions (where applicable) and on behalf of APMT take part in long-term contract negotiations with labor unions. Ensure industrial harmony with the workforce.
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
We are looking for
- Minimum university degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port, or Process / Industrial Engineering.
- Completed post-graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies is desirable.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations and terminal management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals Operating System.
- Fluent in English and local language (where applicable).
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Minimum 7-year experience in operations management roles in terminals.
- Solid understanding of the container shipping industry end-to-end and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience in cost and productivity optimization through process optimization, as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures.
- Ability to meet objectives while promoting a team environment and developing people.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Deadline: 4th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online