Protege Management – Our client, a Manufacturer of Lubricant Oil that is operating in the oil and gas downstream petroleum sector is recruiting suitable candidates for the role below:
Job Title: Head of Sales
Department: People & Organisational Growth
Job Type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
Sales & Marketing:
- Provide leadership over the Sales & Marketing department that aligns with the strategic goals of the company.
- Develop and implement lifecycle maintenance campaigns for key products, including analysing market research and sales analytics, developing sales tools, identifying competitive threats and taking action to mitigate; and creating best in class marketing/PR initiatives to drive sales.
- Tasked with implementing sales strategies that further the department’s agenda and drive enhanced revenue generation for the company.
- Develop and implement procedures, files, records, and follow-up systems to ensure marketing processes are managed in a well-organised and timely manner.
- In charge of developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against targets.
- Oversee the continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Attend industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Achieve all volumes sales, revenue, and profit targets as set by the company.
- Developing sales pitches and materials using self-conducted and other market analysis.
- Keeping sales and business origination team motivated.
- Setting weekly, quarterly, monthly, and annual sales targets for the Sales Executives and other Sales Representatives, making sure these targets are realistic and achievable.
- Approving all sales and marketing plans and budgets.
- Shape and win new business through a focus on customer value and the competitive environment.
- Establish an understanding of customer decision drivers, strategies, objectives, and buying habits.
- Identify new potential local or international markets and evaluate the main players on these markets for better market positioning and technical partnerships.
- Create strategies to attracting potential customers and maintain productive relationships with them.
- Develop, maintain and manage administrative budgets and costs through the responsible use of planning and control systems.
- Manage a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organisational impact.
- Develop relationships with Key players in the Oil and Gas industry and introduce the Company’s Business Origination and Commercial teams to these relationships, in order to support the strategic growth of the Company.
- Develop a detailed Business Origination strategy with the aim of identifying the current Business Development Position of the Company and proffering solutions for growth and change.
- Aggressively originate structured transactions with Counterparties, Government Department and Parastatals, Refineries, NOC’s, Pipeline and Storage operators with the aim of developing long-term opportunities.
- Initiate the development of commercial offers to counter-parties and close on transactions such as term sales and purchases and other revenue streams, with input from the Commercial Team.
- Achieve financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analysing variances.
- Perform initial analysis of “Request for Proposals” (RFPs) to determine the project scope; schedule, capabilities and profitability. Assess the client’s credibility in the market and compile the Project Assessment Report for approval.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or any Business or Social Sciences field. An MBA or a Master’s in Economics, Marketing or any other related field is essential
- Relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in marketing/sales/commercial positions within the downstream petroleum industry.
N300,000 – N450,000 monthly.
Deadline: 12th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.