Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MSF Intersectional Point of Care Ultrasound Implementer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The vision of Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) integration in MSF is to ensure that clinicians, both national and expat, have the knowledge, guidance and access to proper and selective use of this diagnostic tool as part of the comprehensive management of patients, in remote and low-resource settings.
- The MSF MedOp platform has endorsed an intersectional, multi-country initiative to implement field-based POCUS programs across MSF. Nigeria has received multiple POCUS implementations resulting in a strong regional capacity. To consolidate this POCUS capacity further in Nigeria, a national trainer will oversee all POCUS activities and implementations in the country. S(H)e will be hierarchically under the medical coordinators and will report to the POCUS Coordinator. This position will be held by a Nigerian national.
- Develop a contextual strategy to address POCUS training needs and implementation in all relevant MSF projects in Nigeria at different levels for all sections
- Motivate and support medical coordinators and project teams on the implementation of POCUS in all relevant MSF projects in Nigeria
- Collaborate with intersectional POCUS Advisors to improve POCUS usage and advance POCUS research in the country
- Organize and facilitate orientations on mission coordination level and demonstrations of POCUS usages to key people.
- Assist the POCUS Advisor in long-term planning for Medical and Operational departments for POCUS implementation in Nigeria
- Follow-up on trainees through organizing longitudinal tracking.
- Medical doctor with a valid Nigerian practising license, preferably with a POCUS training certificate from MSF
- Minimum 3 years work experience with extensive experience in performing and interpreting ultrasound in both children and adults
- Fluency in English (reading and writing) essential, Hausa and local languages desirable.
- Experience in training medical professionals in ultrasound; MSF context is desirable.
- POCUS of both children and adults covering EFAST, cardio-pulmonary, basic abdomen, and basic emergency obstetric. Other skills, including for soft tissue, musculoskeletal, neonatal head, etc. are desirable.
- Experience in tropical diseases and working in resource-limited settings is desirable
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance systems and continued medical education in ultrasound.
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and training
- Ability to motivate and lead medical colleagues and to translate strategy and policy into operational practice in the field
- Enthusiastic, motivated and independent; ability to work with minimal supervision in challenging contexts
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office is essential
- Prior research experience is desirable.
Salary / Work Conditions
- Position base: While based in Abuja, the role requires 75% of travel time to various MSF Nigeria missions
- Position Level and Salary: Salary according to level Nine (09) of the internal MSF salary grid
- Last date for applications: February 26, 2021
- Desired start date: April 1, 2021
- Contract Length: Twelve months (with a 2-month probation period)
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Contract: 6 months Fixed Term Contract with 3 months probation
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability
Job Description: (Shortened)
- Pharmacy & Stock management:
- Under the technical supervision of the Project Pharmacy Manager (and / or Mission Pharmacy Manager), he is responsible for the management of the MSF Kano pharmacy warehouse in accordance with MSF standards, ensures that stock is clean and properly organized and workflow is properly planned and followed.
- Ensure appropriate storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure), hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents) are adhered to.
- Implement appropriate quality controls and ensure proper recording/ documentation of all stock movements & updating stock files.
- Ensures all stock movements In and out are recorded in Isystock and analyses the data.
- Ensures archiving of all documents is properly done (Proformas, orders, packing lists, etc.)
- Conducts physical inventories (partial or complete) on a regular basis as agreed with the Mission Pharmacy manager.
- Informs the Project Pharmacy Manager (and/or Mission Pharmacy Manager), on stock status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure availability of security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Support project pharmacy for stocks analysis, and anticipate pre-ruptures and ruptures
- Ensures that narcotics and psychotropic drugs are properly managed according to procedures stipulated by the Project Pharmacy Manager (and/or Mission Pharmacy Manager).
- Handles expired items appropriately according to MSF standard under the supervision of the Project Pharmacy Manager (and/or Mission Pharmacy Manager)
- Maintains and regularly update Eprep kits and modules according to the proposed scenario to prevent expiry of the prepositioned stock.
- This will be done according to MSF protocols, National regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Medical Orders and supply:
- Under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager, coordinates the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close collaboration with the logistics department and the Pharmacy storekeeper.
- Monitors the outstanding items of orders (Back orders).
- Report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs.
- Together with the Project Pharmacy Manager (and/or Mission Pharmacy Manager),, monitors and analyses orders of the field pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervises supply to Eprep and ensure all Staff Health units (Emergency boxes, Expat health boxes and Staff Health cupboard are regularly updated.
- Cold Chain monitoring:
- Supervises checking of the temperature of cold chain equipment, ensures that the results are properly recorded on the temperature monitoring form and forms are archived at the end of the month.
- Ensures the maintenance and upkeep of fridges, freezers or the Cold room (as the case may be) is carried out by the logistics team, in accordance with MSF’s recommendations.
- Follows up on the reception of all cold chain freights into the Cold room as well as sending to the field
- Informs the Project Pharmacy Manager (and/or Mission Pharmacy Manager) and the logistics team in case of problem.
- Team Management:
- Supervise, with the HR department the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation) and checks the work quality (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.) of the storekeeper and occasional daily workers employed in the medical store (for loading, unloading etc.).
- Under the Supervision of the Project Pharmacy Manager (and/or Mission Pharmacy Manager), supports the Eprep team in the initial set-up of the Pharmacy and consumption monitoring tools in an emergency intervention.
- In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the person may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Mission Pharmacist, Pharmacy Coordinator or the Medical coordinator according to the needs of the mission.
- Licenced Pharmacist
- At least 2 years certified work experience as a Pharmacy Manager.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results Oriented
- Teamwork and Team management
- Stress management
According to the MSF salary scale (Level 7, (404’332 Naira, four hundred four thousand three hundred thirty-two as gross salary)) and 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Deadline: 18th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates submit their CV, qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details to:
The MSF Admin Office,
No. 152 Shehu Kazaure Street,
Hotoro GRA – Kano State.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job title” as the email subject.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.