Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Business Development, MEA – Digital Partnerships
Job ID: R-121886
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Purpose of the Digital Partnerships Team
- The Digital Partnerships team is responsible for managing relationships with Digital Partners across Middle East and Africa with a focus on Telco’s, Digital Merchants, Large Digital Giants, Key Digital Activity Players and Digital Activity Banks.
- The key areas of responsibilities for the team are to own and drive the Strategic Imperatives and Business Development initiatives for the Digital Partners across the industry verticals including building / deepening relationships with the partners. The team will focus on deploying initiatives identified as being high priority in delivering MEA and MasterCard (MC) goals, including:
- Positioning MC as strategic technology partner, critical to profitability/ business growth
- Deepening relationships with key Digital Partners, ensuring holistic engagement(s) at all levels and driving flawless execution with robust governance processes
- Building and executing commercial partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Developing scalable value propositions and ecosystems across the different verticals that drive partners and Mastercard key KPIs (revenue, new consumers, transactions etc.)
- Providing Thought Leadership internally and externally
Purpose of the Job:
- The purpose of this role is to manage the relationship with key strategic digital partnership accounts across West Africa in particular Nigeria in collaboration with Mastercard Cross Functional Partners and the local Mastercard Country teams.
- This role will be based in Nigeria and covers multiple markets in Africa / MEA depending on the location of the Digital Partners.
- The role is responsible for driving account management and business development for key digital partners, as well as driving MasterCard’s engagement with industry organizations – and as a result driving growth in MasterCard revenue with Digital Partnership Accounts particularly telcos in Nigeria and Africa
- The role is responsible for signing new deals and executing existing signed partnership/commercial deals with Mastercard Digital Partners across multiple markets. Including developing and executing new and innovative digital payment business models and ecosystems.
- The incumbent will be responsible for cross matrix collaboration and exercising leadership in driving core revenue and product cross sales across Mastercard including active collaboration and partnership with local account management and / or market development teams to drive execution.
Additionally the role will:
- Contribute to the achievement of the Digital Partner’s sales and net revenue targets including designing strategies, messaging and proposals for customers.
- Assist with analysis of the partner’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis including Budgeting, Strategic Account planning and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Collaborate with the cross functional team members and country teams to plan, execute and monitor progress against annual business plans.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Execution of Strategic Account Commercial Deals and / or Strategic Partnership agreements:
- Work with Business Owners, Executive Sponsors and Finance to clearly define strategic initiatives and priorities, set objectives, financial goals, funding requirements, and key performance indicators to measure success. (split into near term and long term priorities)
- Lead multiple customer projects across West Africa in collaboration with regional teams and cross-functional teams, quickly grasp new ideas and simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability and roadmap
- Exercise strong judgment and organization skills to prioritize and replan activities so that critical path tasks and deliverables are not delayed
- Own the partner’s P & L including Budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting (multiple markets)
- Responsible for reviews of the overall performance of the assigned Digital Partnership accounts, and also for managing the relationships and profitability as per the commercial deals.
- Responsible for all administrative and operational issues for the assigned partners.
- Develop & sell new opportunities with the Strategic Partners with the view to accelerate business growth – to increase MasterCard share and volume and identifying new revenue streams:
- Own the co-creation and development of new business models, value propositions and / or innovative ecosystems in collaboration with the customer, internal stakeholders and /or external third party providers as required.
- Ownership of developing account plans, GTM deliverables for assigned Digital Partners, in collaboration with the regional teams
- Develop new business opportunities / sales pipeline leveraging full suite of MasterCard products and solutions, including co-brands, prepaid and commercial products, Mastercard QR, Advisory services and other MasterCard products including services, innovations or product enhancements.
- Develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities
- Develop strong working relationships with key influencers at Digital Partners and with MasterCard support teams (e.g., IMK regional teams, product dev. teams, market dev. teams, etc.)
- Work with MasterCard cross functional teams to identify new segment and product opportunities and develop / execute bespoke propositions to maximize penetration with assigned Digital Partners.
- Strive for broadening a strategic partnership across multiple verticals with the Digital Partners
- Execute flawlessly through collaboration with key constituents both internally (market development, global products & solutions, legal, franchise, customer delivery and finance teams), as well as external resources (digital partners, customers and merchants, regulators and third party service providers) to ensure seamless execution of the Digital Partnerships strategy:
- Develop views on competition positioning in the partners industry vertical for MasterCard. Accountable for MasterCard positioning with the industry eco system
- Build networks with MasterCard regions worldwide to handle partner’s needs
- Perform market research and opportunity assessments on new concepts and ideas. Assess the viability of new products in support of market strategy
- Create a Centre of Excellence for the Digital Partnerships Vertical in your applicable customer segments and geographies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Enterprise Applications Business Analyst
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- If you are a driven Business Analyst ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Head, Enterprise Applications, the Enterprise Applications Business Analyst will play a critical role as an IT resource responsible for delivering business value by effectively eliciting, analyzing, documenting, and verifying business opportunities, problems and requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions to meet business objectives.
- This individual will serve as a business partner to various functional areas of the Foundation by developing, nurturing, and encouraging collaborative relationships, and supporting the goals of departments through exceptional application and data support.
- The individual will have the opportunity to influence applications and data related decisions, relating to the overall IT roadmap, and impacting and shaping the larger Foundations goals.
- This person will also coordinate projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision.
- The Enterprise Applications Business Analyst will understand the link between technology and logistics to translate business requirements to value-added technical solutions and make recommendations to end users.
- This individual will contribute largely to the overall vision and strategy of the Enterprise Applications team by helping understand and build a solid foundation on which to scale into the future.
- This role is open to candidates in any of our country offices in Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal).
Ways You Can Contribute
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate business solutions.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders in technology, business, project managers, partners, and vendors in the process of creating and recommending business solutions.
- Ensure alignment to relevant processes and compliance to legislative and audit requirements.
- Assess, analyze, and optimize end-to-end business processes by documenting business process requirements through research, interviews, or facilitation sessions.
- Strong understanding of business process definition and re-engineering requirements.
- Assess current business processes, procedures, and rules in conjunction with business partners, designing new and mapping existing business processes.
- Compile business requirements documentation together with the business sponsor and manage the process of compiling business and functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for milestone management and logging of documents and following the appropriate SDLC.
- Understand and assist in designing best in class solutions that meet the user requirement.
- Oversee the compilation of test scripts that are compiled through testing and audit the test results.
- Provide test cases and scenarios for implemented systems, test projects and system changes in the various environments and assess current business rules, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences and / or lead user training sessions.
- Solid experience in data modelling and data warehousing (principles and methodology).
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL.
- Exposure to ETL.
- Experience in Meta data management & Data Governance.
- Exposure to SaaS applications environment is highly preferred.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
- Participate and contribute to a development culture where information regarding successes, issues, trends, and ideas are actively shared.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience within an applications and data warehousing environment.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving complex problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and / or increase operational efficiency.
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options.
- Are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties with constantly changing priorities.
- Possess excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Ability to speak French and / or local language is an asset.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time in the future.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
- Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.