Hamilton Lloyd & Associates – Our client, a top-rated organization in the Hospitality / Restaurant industry, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Our client is seeking to engage the services of a HR Assistant.
- The duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads.
- An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions.
- The person will also assist in creating policies, processes and documents.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular)
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS (desirable)
- Familiarity with resume databases
- Basic knowledge of Labour laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills.
- HR assistant skills we’re looking for include excellent organization
- Strong communication skills.
- To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, the person should also hold an HR-related degree and have some experience in our industry.
- Should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- Assist HR managers in the whole recruitment lifecycle (e.g. onboarding new hires and candidate sourcing.)
- Ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our employees.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Lagos Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is seeking to engage the services of a Human Resource Manager to conduct human resource activities of the organization and to assist in maximizing the strategic use of human resources in areas such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, benefits, training programs and regulatory compliance.
- Support the Group CEO to deliver on the organizational strategy while developing and driving HR strategy of the firm.
- Plan, organize, direct and control or coordinate the human resources activities of the organization.
- Initiate and monitor the entire recruitment process, which consists of job posting, hiring, conducting recruitment exams (if any) and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and induction process to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Coordination of performance management for the entire staff within the organization over a monthly or yearly basis and provision of rewards for exceptional performances.
- Management of annual leave roster, post probation confirmations, data base management, and health, safety and environment services at the branch.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Attend to employees grievances and complaints, provide guidance if necessary.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Implement labour relations programs to oversee compliance with the union’s negotiated contract.
- Responsible for developing labour policies, overseeing the management of labour relations for a business unit, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, managing grievance procedures and advising teams to ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreements.
- B.Sc in Human Resources, Social Science or any related field, CIPM or its equivalent will be of an added advantage.
- A Master’s Degree in related field is desirable.
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the human resource field.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a creative thinker and excellent team player
- Must be a good initiator and possess good negotiation skills
- Must have excellent skills in management techniques, budgeting, counseling, business planning, and organization and systems design.
- Adequate knowledge of all the human resources policies, including benefits, salary compensation, employment, equal opportunity, payroll, and career planning.
- Have direct experience in an HR leader role or as a strong team leader who understands how to engage employees and build strong teams.
- Have a successful track record working in environmentswith union and non-union work forces and also have experience negotiating with labour unions.
Deadline: 17th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV as PDF or Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “HR Assistant” as the subject of the email.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.