Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Facilities Manager
Job Summary & Purpose
- The office of the Administrative & Facilities Manager is established to coordinate the Firm’s administrative requirements;
- Oversee the care and maintenance of the Firm’s facilities and equipments; and ensure that the Firm’s offices are consistently conducive work environments for all members of staff.
- Serve as the contact person for various office related concerns including: office bills processing and payment, vendor management, office facilities and equipments maintenances (servicing, repairs and replacements).
- Provide support to the offices in Abuja & Port Harcourt, by obtaining approvals for various office related expenses such as repairs, maintenances, purchases, and bills payment.
- Supervise the office assistants to ensure that the offices in Lagos are thoroughly and regularly cleaned.
- Co-ordinate intra-office movements.
- Manage the office supplies stock (provisions, stationery and other necessary items), and place orders when stock is low.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and parking.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory, and usage history of office stationery, provisions, and every item bought for the office.
- Monitor office equipment and arrange for repairs as necessary.
- Manage relationships with the firm’s vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate cost estimates with vendors and seek the best value per price for the firm, by engaging with multiple suppliers before recommending a preferred vendor.
- Ensure that all items delivered, and services rendered to the Firm, are invoiced and paid on time.
- Book transport and accommodation arrangements for members of staff on official duty.
- Provide support to in-house or off-site activities for the firm, such as parties, celebrations, etc.
- Maintain and update a database of the Firm’s vendors.
- Develop procedures/ checklists and guides to set standards in the Admin & Facilities function.
- Implement and maintain the standards defined in the Admin processes and procedures/ checklist
- Organise the firm’s filing system for administrative files.
- Oversee building projects, renovations or refurbishments.
- Maintain an up to date record of all invoices, memos and receipts processed
- Develop and update office management policies as required.
- Conduct analyses on office expenses and submit to supervisor on a regular basis
- Prepare regular report on office expenses and maintenance/ repairs history.
- Prepare and analyse regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
Key Performance Indicator ( KPIs):
- Administration – effectiveness in planning, organising and efficiently handling activities required and complying with instructions. (percentage delegated admin tasks that did not require rework/ follow-up; task completion ratio)
- Communication – effectiveness in providing relevant and timely information to the Firm’s management.
- Responsiveness – responsiveness in completing job tasks in a timely manner.
- (Percentage admin tasks performed on time; average time to procure).
- Academic Qualification: A relevant Bachelor’s and / or Master’s Degree
- Professional Qualification: British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) or Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is an additional advantage.
- Experience: A minimum of 4 years industry experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Good time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Ms Excel.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Reliability and discretion.
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Initiative and judgment.
- Good business writing skills.
- Very Attractive.
Job Title: HR Manager
Job Summary & Purpose
- The HR Manager works directly with the COO and the Managing Partner to implement and execute strategic and operational initiatives for the firm.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the firm’s overall business strategy.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures;
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develop department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implement and annually update the firm’s compensation program;
- rewrites job descriptions as necessary;
- conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget);
- analyses compensation;
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all required roles;
- Engages with supervisors to screen and interview candidates.
- Conducts reference checking.
- Extends job offers.
- Coordinate new-employee orientations.
- Monitors career-path program and employee relations counselling.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training supervisors to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Establish and maintains department records and reports.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Maintain organisational charts and employee directory.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Evaluate reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends innovative approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services.
- Academic Qualification: A relevant Bachelor’s and / or Master’s Degree. Minimum of a 2:2 class of Degree.
- Professional Qualification: HR Certifications – CIPM, SHRM, GPHRM;
- Experience: Minimum of six (6) years’ work experience in human resource management.
- Very strong people skills
- Comfortable use of MS office;
- Ability to find innovative solution to day-to-day HR problems;
- Proactive in determining HR needs for the firm
- Ability to provide hands on HR support for the firm
- Show adaptability, willingness to learn, and commitment to exceptional delivery;
- Good language skills;
- Good documentation skills;
- Able to multitask effectively;
- Effective time management skills;
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
Deadline: 3pm, 4th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the deadline will be automatically rejected.