Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resourcing and Talent Manager
- Drive the development and implementation of talent management strategy frameworks, processes and plans required for sustained business performance. On behalf of the GM Corporate Services, lead the development and execution of HR strategy and planning in line with the corporate business strategy.
- Lead the HR business improvement initiatives, change management and drive HR-wide business projects in line with the HR mandate and overall business aspirations.
- Support the GM Corporate Services in the development of the overall HR strategy, plans and programs in alignment with the corporate business plan:
- Implement people-related strategies, initiatives, and services to support overall business strategy and aspirations, assuring corporate competitive value delivery.
- Drive the strategic workforce planning process to analyze the current workforce /capability and determine future people needs to support the business strategy.
- Provide management the basis for better decision-making on future people needs through the identification of the internal /external factors that could impact the availability of these skills/workforce to the business.
- Responsible for maintaining a fit-for-purpose organization aligned to the business plan, people strategy and changing organizational needs thus enabling an environment for sustainable organization performance.
- Contribute to business performance improvement and reduce organizational risk by narrowing the gap between the required skills/capabilities vs actual.
- Ensure, through planned actions, that the organization has the right people with the right skills in the right quantities sitting in the right roles, at the right time and at the right cost.
- Develop and drive the implementation of a talent management strategy aligned with strategic business objectives, focusing talent investment in processes, initiatives and structured programs to attract, develop, motivate and retain competent and committed people in the organization.
- Develop strong governance and reporting on talent management initiatives and activities to ensure consistent application of the relevant tools, policies and practices company-wide on resourcing, career management, performance management and succession planning, etc.
- Drive the preparation, communication on and delivery of the annual career management campaigns: General Staff Discussions, High Potential identification & development, Individual Development Plans, Replacement and Succession planning, key and critical positions management, performance reviews, promotions and progression exercise, and reward etc.
- Ensure consistency, follow-up and application of relevant tools in the implementation of management decisions on these activities.
- Drive the preparation of the annual resourcing plan and for its implementation ensure recruitment strategies, procedures and selection tools are efficient, cost-effective, timely, impartial and of acceptable and recognized standards.
- Develop and implement a corporate Graduate Trainees Program to ensure trainees receive appropriate training, coaching and mentoring to accelerate their development.
- Drive HR business improvement agenda and corporate business improvement initiatives with people-related impact activities, including any related change management activities.
- Drive communication and alignment around priority areas in human capital development.
- Maintain the network of Skills Pool Managers, Discipline Heads, Line Managers and Capability Advisers that support the efficient implementation of the company competence framework and facilitate its various initiatives/activities through regular interactions.
- Lead and provide advice/guidance on HR professionalism, including external benchmarking and deployment of successful leading-edge HR practices.
- Build capability of the young, relatively inexperienced HR team members to support the delivery of complex business-critical HR processes/activities.
- Coach and support the individual development plans of direct reports.
- A relevant bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
- Membership of recognized HR professional bodies is an added advantage (CIPD, CIPM, SHRM etc.)
- A minimum of 15 years industry experience.
- HR Generalist experience and very good working knowledge of the key human resources processes such as resourcing, manpower planning, learning and development, talent management, career management, succession planning, mentoring, skills management, etc.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Sector or major Engineering Company is necessary for effective job performance.
Job Title: Compensation and Benefit Manager
- Responsible for managing the strategic planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, and administration of all compensation and benefit programs consistent with the organization’s human capital objectives.
- Ensure costs associated with compensation and benefits are in line with the organization’s objectives, culture, and philosophy and Develop competitive and cost-efficient programs that will assist with employee retention and attract top talent within the Organization.
Determining Market Rates:
- Evaluate every position and determine the proper market value for each job.
- This can be conducted through salary surveys and statistical analysis to determine what the market value is for each job.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Develop and implement a Total Reward strategy, framework and practices to strengthen a differentiated Employee Value Proposition and enhance company’s competitive position.
- Research and compare incentive compensation plans offered by comparable organizations (in demography and job market); assess competitors’ plans and make recommendations for enhancements or improvements required to keep the organizations plans competitive and effective.
Salary and Benefits Structures & Administration:
- Develop and implement a robust and flexible salary and benefits framework; also, provide advisory to the Board Remuneration Committee on executive pay, Long Term Incentive Plan etc.
- Maintains knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, and other factors related to ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation scales and structures.
- Develops pay systems that are industry competitive and enable management to focus on and reward individual and group performance.
- Conduct market intelligence, compensation surveys and benefits benchmarking, and apply the survey outcomes to implement necessary changes in synergy with business strategy.
Audits, Reviews & Implementation:
- Drive quality assurance and performance improvement, carrying out periodic reviews and audits to improve efficiency and effectiveness of compensation & Benefits implementation.
- Facilitates accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to carriers, plan administrators, or other appropriate service providers.
- Drive and implement organizational effectiveness through instituting a job evaluation framework that is aligned to the compensation, promotion, talent etc. processes.
- Conduct job analysis/evaluation to determine appropriate market pricing; review and approve salary increases and advise management on compensation actions for employees.
Industry and Regulatory Liaison:
- Lead liaison with all key external stakeholders on pay related matters e.g. ITF, JV partners, Consultants, etc. to assure regulatory and business compliance in Nigeria/UK.
- Maintain a working knowledge of international, federal, and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits.
Monitoring Internal Equity & Analytics:
- Ensure that the pay is equitable internally by checking not only the internal equity of people with the same job level, but looking across the organization, taking special note for differences in key diversity indices such as race, gender, and age.
- The application of required analytic tools to identify and confirm grounds for any variances.
- Manage programs such as deferred compensation plans, variable compensation plans, health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement plans and other company plans and programs.
- B.Sc in any discipline and full membership of a reputable Professional Body of Compensation & Benefits specialists.
- Minimum of 15 years HR Generalist experience with at least the last 5 years in a specialist Compensation & Benefits role.
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of Federal and State employment & tax laws
- Experience working with standard HR Information systems.
Deadline: 26th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.