Turahfrique Interiors Limited is an Interior Design and Furniture Manufacturing Company that specializes in home, office, ceiling finishes, floor finishes, woodwork, interior design fittings and general constructions in various parts of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interior Designer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Include, but not limited to:
- In-depth working knowledge of the seven elements of interior design; space, line, form, colour, light, texture, pattern and keeping them balanced to creating an aesthetically pleasing interior.
- Visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and material, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Managing Director.
- Bachelor degree in Interior design, Architecture or similar discipline
- Must have working knowledge in an interior design or furniture manufacturing company
Key skills for this role:
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- Flair for changing trends in designs
- Demonstrate high understanding of principle of space planning
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Flexible and adaptability
- Organization skills and ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external to the organization
- A self-starter who is able to take initiative and ownership of duties.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
NGN60,000 – 70,000 / Month.
Job Title: Interior Architect
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
As our interior architect you are required to:
- Create project designs and drawings using sketches and architectural software for presentation
- Be skilled in the use of light, color and textures in a space.
- Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with clients’ tastes in mind. Each job may require interaction with different clients, additional architects or designers, construction teams and inspectors. In creating plans for space, ability to take into account interior construction, lighting and furnishings is very essential. Must be conversant with the federal, state and local building regulations so the designs are up-to-code.
- Be part of the building or remodeling process from beginning to end.
- At the initial meetings, it is the interior architect’s job to listen to the wants and needs of the client and make building suggestions. Ability to also get a feel for the space is crucial.
- After the initial consultations, the interior architect drafts design plans. These plans may show placement of walls, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical systems, ventilation, structural accents and possibly furnishings. Ability to use computer drafting programs, such as computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and building information modeling (BIM), for this step is essential.
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Supervise all project stakeholders to ensure client’s is satisfaction.
As our Project Manager you perform a wide range of duties including some but not limited to all of the following:
Plan the Project:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the Project:
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or artisans with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the Project:
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Evaluate the Project:
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Skills and Competencies
- As a key member of the design team, you must be a strong team player, with great communication and managerial skills
- Very creative
- Eyes for interior details
- In-depth knowledge of furniture systems and finishes
- Vast knowledge on wood works and furniture
- Must have a vast experience on building or renovation works
- Must be able to read blueprints, understand building codes, and must be a strong technical designer with experience delivering interior designs to meet brand and operational standards. Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, CAD and Sketch Up are prerequisites
- Completion of Bachelor and Master’s level Architecture program
- Project management certification is a must
- Previous experience in furniture manufacturing or Interior Design Company is a must
- Minimum of 10 years experience is required.
NGN100,000 – 150,000 / Month
Job Title: Furniture Factory Supervisor / Quality Assurance Officer
Location: Magboro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- As our factory supervisor and quality control officer, you will be responsible for managing a diverse and talented manufacturing team.
You are required to:
- Help manufacturing staffs by interpreting drawing and ensuring products are produced based on specification and to the highest quality and at the shortest possible time.
- Assess material needs for production and develop inventory plans
- Plan weekly production goal for every department and state at the end of the week, goals achieved or where there is deviation from standard, reason for such deviation.
- Work in hand with the procurement department by ensuring items needed for production every week is compiled, sent to the MD for approval and delivered to the factory latest every first working day of the week.
- Helps manufacturing staff achieve company goals by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results.
- Evaluates the condition of production equipment and call for repairs if the equipment becomes faulty or unreliable.
- Count stock every other week and ensure stocks are replenished when it falls to a certain level.
- Escalate issues to the management immediately and ensure optimal output or workflow is achieved at all times.
- Ensure Saturday’s roasters are adhered to and optimum production is achieved.
- Monitor site Installation with the Architect and ensure all items needed for Installation is taking to the site to ensure free flow of Installation process.
- Keep record of all tools and equipment and ensure tools taken to site are counted and returned after Installation.
- Attention to detailing is a key function of this role, you are required to pay close attention to detailing, remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications and report same to the management.
- Possess strategic listening skill, be an active listener, empathic, creative, flexible, ability to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand are some of the qualities you required to be successful in this position as a good team leader.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as factory supervisor/Quality control Officer in a furniture manufacturing organization.
- candidates should possess an OND
- On hand experience as a furniture maker is an added advantage.
N60,000 – N100,000 monthly.
Deadline: 15th February, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.