9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Data Analytics
Location: Lagos, NG
- Lead the use of advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes
- Ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Oversee the data / report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design / implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by Head of IT Architecture & Planning
- Degree level education with a solid all-round knowledge of IT and its use within a business environment with minimum of 6 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 3 years of experience leading a team. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools / programs:
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SLQ, SAS, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with testing tools such as Adobe Test & Target
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
- C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience writing advanced SAS code statements, models, and macros.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
Job Title: Senior Engineer, OSS
Location: Abuja, NG
- Management of network OSS tools
- Strong domain knowledge in OSS Platforms and Applications with hands-on experience in supporting and managing OSS Applications and Tools
- Ensure availability of all OSS tools
- Handle OSS upgrades and patch installations
- Handle integration and commissioning of NOC OSS/monitoring solutions
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults on OSS application and tool.
- Hardware and Software audit of all OSS tools.
- Implementation of OSS tool periodic health checks and maintenance activities.
- Administration of OSS tool user accounts
- Administration of Huawei OWS, WFM, Mateline
- Administration of NOC OSS / monitoring solutions including U2020
- CEM and Discovery tool maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, NOC & BSS
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical or Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- Four (4) to six (6) years post NYSC work experience
- Multi-vendor solution experience
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- System Administration of Linux / VM ware environment.
- Experience in OS like Linux, Windows
- Shell scripting + SQL scripting, Unixshell + some windows-based programming will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of IP / Routers / Switches etc.
- Experience in RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL, Sybase etc.
- Basic understanding of Telecom Network
- Basic understanding of IP Network
- Experience with trouble ticket tools and process
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Job Title: Senior Engineer, CS / VAS
Location: Abuja, NG
- Operate, maintain and administer VAS platforms / systems to ensure constant (24 hours) availability and stability.
- Put in place concrete measures to ensure 99.99% network availability of CS VAS nodes
- Work closely with vendors in the testing, implementation, and maintenance of services as required by the business (Commercial and Marketing requirements)
- Perform comprehensive analysis of faults/failures on CS VAS nodes to determine the root cause and conduct corrective action for permanent resolution in a timely manner
- Ensure all CS VAS equipment and services are properly operated and well maintained
- Collaborate in configuration management to ensure proper implementation
- Analyze daily generated alarms and error logs, report, symptoms and implement proactive measure
- Serve as interface between service vendors and Etisalat (EMTS) Nigeria on CS VAS related activities
- Work closely with other stake holders(products & services, customer care and Network Planning) to deliver quality value added services.
- Develop and apply a high level of skills, knowledge and standards and stay current with business and industry trends.
- Analyze repeated problems, trends and service degradation, and ensure that the root cause of the problem is identified and solved permanently
- Apply a proactive approach towards performance management, and suggest corrective measures to arrest any shortfalls
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, CS VAS
- First degree in Electrical Electronic Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Computer Engineering or a related field
- Four (4) to Six (6) year work experience
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Network Availability and Capacity Management
- Control Network Technologies
- IP Technologies
- Delegation / Supervisory
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Job Title: Manager, Build to Operate (B2O)
Location: Lagos, NG
- This role will work across departments while taking responsibility for planning and executing the quality assurance, measurement, and audit functions to ensure fulfilment of deliveries as stipulated in requirements, and to ensure adherence to 9mobile’s Quality standards on projects, products and other deliveries within the IT organization.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to solution delivery, software testing, customer experience management & customer satisfaction.
- Continuous review of the project, BAU and product development end-to-end processes from ideation to delivery to solution/product retirement, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to enhance business efficiency and customer experience.
- Ensure deliveries comply with industry benchmarked quality standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee end to end solution delivery processes and assure quality of requirements delivered utilizing the various layers of testing (SIT, Performance, E2E, UAT) while maintaining adequate logs of issues encountered for continuous improvement.
- Monitor product roadmap, review concepts vis-a-vis customer journey map to infuse alignment of customer experience practices into product design and implementation.
- As part of the Quality Assurance process, ensure that customer experience requirements are captured in product implementation and validated.
- Responsible for PQA in strategic projects.
- Manage process frameworks, templates, checklists, documents, and performance.
- Assist Head QA in development, constant review and implementation of project-related quality framework, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the transitioning process of the solutions from delivery to post-delivery management to ensure solution quality is maintained.
- Work with program stakeholders across IT to ensure delivery change documentation is published to expected quality standards.
- Liaise with change managers to ensure key stakeholders and user communities are engaged and are correctly informed prior to change deployments to proactively avoid post go-live issues.
- Engage release leads, developers, and technical teams to create, test and stage production deployment for all approved changes.
- Identify, influence, and lead the implementation of best practice initiatives that contribute to the overall team improvement on the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist Head QA in translating IT Governance and Quality strategy and plans into specific improvement programs / projects.
- Attend team / departmental meetings as required, drive actions to delivery.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, QA.
- Minimum Six years (6) relevant experience in Quality Management / Assurance Role in IT / Telecom industry.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Management or a related discipline preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
Certification and advanced knowledge of at least two of the standards:
- Services ITIL ISO2000, Software ISO / IEC12207-2008, ISEB
- PMP / Prince 2.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project, MS Office
- Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals
- ISTQB / ISEB Certified Tester Intermediate Level (CTFL), BCS
- ISTQB / ISEB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), BCS
- ISO 9001:2015.
- Good multi-tasker with ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- A customer-focused individual, good communicator and team player.
Job Title: Manager, Business Support Systems (BSS)
- This role provides governance & management of the relevant Business Support Systems (BSS) covering all environments; Production, Test and Disaster Recovery to ensure adequate maintenance, operation and improvement of the entire BSS components and related software stack to achieve the required quality of service and service levels.
- The role manages all BSS including the CRM, Provisioning, Middleware, Mediation, Mobile Number Portability and related systems. However, the Convergent Billing System (CBS) is excluded from the scope.
- Participate and contribute to thedevelopment and maintenance of the IT Strategy and IT Operating model
- Define and enforce BSS relatedprocesses and procedures
- Provide input on BSS Operations to other relevant IT processes and procedures
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management on BSS and operations
- Support BSS architecture design and optimization and BSS integration with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and the CBS
- Support project planning and execution within BSS domain
- Drive continual enhancements and improvements to the BSS and processes for business benefits
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities
- Drive for the attainment of agreed service levels for the BSS Operations and related KPIs
- Liaise with revenue management in ensuring business revenue is secure with appropriate interventions where there are business exposures
- Support Performance Management unit in contract management, vendor management & Service Level Management related to BSS services
- Provide oversight function for the BSS operations and support
- Manage the monitoring of BSS related application services for availability, performance in line with agreed Service Levels, overall health check of underlying system processes, capacity in line with licensing and business requirements, batch jobs monitoring/management.
- Manage trend analysis, root cause analysis, known error establishment, and creation of Change Requests, Incidents and Problem tracking and escalation, resolution and closure, user administration, License Management & Administration and service reporting for BSS.
- Drive regular health check service to provides comprehensive BSS application status information to aid the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks and forestall any events that may affect the availability, performance, and security of the application
- Manage the analysis and diagnosis of the resource utilization trends and problems associated with the application processes and tuning the BSS application environment, collaborating with IT Performance & Capacity Management functions to achieve and/or maintain the agreed Service Levels
- Ensure proper documentation of the BSS operating environments and storage into the knowledge management system for purposes of knowledge management and business continuity
- Manage the inquiry and request handling service in fulfilling standard and ad-hoc service requests related to the BSS
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and periodically update a standard recovery procedure for operation to follow when a disaster occurs.
- Ensure the adequacy of the available Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure of the BSS to either maintain operation functions at an interim minimal survival level and/or re-establish full scale operations at a state of normal operation level if possible
- Support the periodic disaster recovery drills for services involving the BSS as planned and executed by the IT Business Continuity team
- Ensure all system and non-system processes required to guarantee a successful transfer of services between primary and DR sites are operational and working as planned
- Implement a system to validate the integrity of replication and all DR processes/services between the primary and DR sites and provide periodic reports to IT Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Sciences from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Strong customer-centricity is required.
- 6 to 8 years of combined experience work experience in BSS operations with role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- At least 3 year experience in a managerial role.
- Experience with IT financial management, resource planning, task prioritization, budget / cost control. Strong ability to process data and extractactionable insights
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, IT sourcing, vendor management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions.
- Experience in working / negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good and demonstrable knowledge of& experience in IT Service Management in general and IT Operations specifically is required.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), good team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company.
Job Title: Manager, Solution Architecture
- Lead and coordinate the planning, analysis and design of multi-domain Information Technology solutions to engender a world class and extensible architecture providing platforms for sustainable business capabilities in a fast-paced telecommunications environment.
- Responsible for identifying the strategic imperatives for IT and the translation of business requirements into set of technical specifications for the selection, design and implementation of fit for purpose IT Solutions.
- Coordinate the process for translating business requirement into technical specifications and ensuring alignment.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of the roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Guide technology decisions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles& standards.
- Support the establishment and enforcement of architecture principles and standards through the platform of the Architecture Review Board and other architecture governance processes. Coordinate the activities of the Architecture Review Board.
- Review and recommend approval for IT solution design proposals as prerequisite for solution build and implementation. Validate compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other
- Responsible for business process optimization and integration, covering enterprise application integration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within both internal and external contexts
- Enable enterprise agility i.e. facilitate quick response to market dynamics and adoption of new Develop and maintain a roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Ensure all technical documents related to a project is compiled in accordance with IT Architectural Policy and best practices.
- Support the technology planning team is the definition of processes and frameworks for managing capacity-infrastructure and application licenses.
- Support the technology planning team in the production of capacity plans to proactively meet the demand on the IT organization to ensure that the business is adequately positioned to respond to internal/external demand in a consistently efficient and effective manner.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of assigned IT projects
- Responsible for the design of fit-for-purpose solutions to solve business problems by facilitating design workshops with key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on time to value
- Own assigned project technical deliverable and ensure delivery to acceptable quality standard
- Facilitate and oversee the definition and testing of interfaces for systems integration within assigned project.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering or other Numerate Science.
- Minimum 6 year post National Service work experience, with at least 4 years experience as a Solution Integrator or Architect.
- Postgraduate/professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (TOGAF, ZACHMAN, UML, etc.)
- Experienced in working with diverse teams of 5 or more people in dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience in multiple, diverse technology environments and domains including technical infrastructure, application development/management, middleware, database management, and operations.
- Understanding of telecommunication business and technology model/architecture.
- Understanding and experience across the solution implementation lifecycle.
- Experience in planning, building and running telecom BSS/OSS and related platforms are an added advantage.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking
- Excellent Verbal, Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
Application Closing Date