Our Company is a relatively young Agricultural Business outfit desirous of taking on board highly qualified, motivated, strong, dynamic, upward looking and experienced individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Crop Farm Supervisor
The prospective candidate must have the following:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of practical farm management as related to institutional needs and purposes.
- Thorough knowledge of soils, crops, animal husbandry, and of farm building and equipment care and
- Thorough knowledge of farm equipment and materials and ability to manage the use of materials and equipment efficiently and economically.
- Considerable knowledge of plant and animal diseases and insect pests and of modern methods of their prevention, eradication, and cure.
- Ability to plan and direct large scale diversified farm activities, to supervise large groups of farm workers in farm activities and to direct skilled and unskilled employees in varied farm operations.
- Ability to keep records of time, production and costs, and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment.
- Graduation from a standard Vocational Center or Polytechnic with OND in Agricultural Sciences; an extensive responsible experience in general farm work involving farm planning, methods, and production; and experience in supervisory farm work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Job Title: Poultry Farm Supervisor
- A poultry farm supervisor ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations.
- In consultation with the farm manager, a poultry farm supervisor prioritizes tasks and decides on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers. A poultry farm supervisor also records data and creates reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and animal growth. Poultry farm work is usually year-long, and poultry farms can be found in most parts of the country.
- A poultry farm supervisor assigns duties to farm workers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner; for example, duties might include feeding poultry, shipping eggs or maintaining buildings. In larger hatcheries, a poultry farm supervisor might oversee the machinery that performs certain tasks, such as egg collection. Other responsibilities might include training new workers, providing care to injured or ill livestock and enforcing workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Poultry farm supervisors manage chicken farms, overseeing tasks such as caring for the chickens, maintaining records on animal growth and developing budgets.
- We require the services of Poultry farm supervisors to oversee chicken farms and handle sales of chicken-based products to food manufacturers.
- Prospective candidates should have minimum of OND in Agricultural or Animal Science and 2-4 years cognitive experience on the job.
- Poultry farm supervisors collaborate with other farm personnel to develop farm schedules and meet processing goals.
- Their duties would include hiring and training personnel, ordering supplies and budgeting.
- In general, a farm supervisor needs to have strong leadership and communication skills, Experience is the primary factor in landing a job as a poultry farm supervisor.
Job Title: Farm Manager
- We are searching for a Farm Manager with good business sense to join our team.
- The Farm Manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, crops, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit.
- He should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- To be successful as a Farm Manager, you would be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind.
- Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration is recommended,
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Job Title: Snail Farm Supervisor
- The Farm Supervisor is expected to manage and carry out duties associated with the day-to-day and long-term management of our farms (Snail Farm)
- It is also his responsibility to ensure that the farm runs efficiently and profitably.
- The prospective candidate must have minimum work experience of between 3-5 years working experience on the field.
- Qualification: BSc / HND
- Course: Relates discipline (Agribusiness & Animal Husbandry)
Job Title: Fishery Farm Supervisor
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of fishery workers. He would perform both supervisory and management functions, such as accounting, marketing, and personnel work, and may also engage in the same fishery work as the workers they supervise.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Trains workers in spawning, rearing, cultivating, and harvesting methods, and use of equipment.
- Assigns workers to duties, such as fertilizing and incubating spawn, feeding and transferring fish, and planting, cultivating, and harvesting shellfish beds.
- Oversees worker activities, such as treatment and rearing of fingerlings,’ maintenance of equipment, and harvesting of fish or shellfish.
- Directs workers to correct deviations or problems, such as disease, quality of seed distribution, or adequacy of cultivation.
- Plans work schedules according to availability of personnel and equipment, tidal levels, feeding schedules, or need for transfer or harvest.
- Observes fish and beds or ponds to detect diseases, determine quality of fish, or determine completeness of harvesting.
- Records number and type of fish or shellfish reared and harvested, and keeps workers’ time records.
- Confers with manager to determine time and place of seed planting, and cultivating, feeding, or harvesting of fish or shell fish.
- Minimum of a B.Sc Degree in any relevant field
- 3-5 years work experience as a fishery manager
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply to:
P.M.B 80161, Victoria Island,