The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Planning Manager
Location: Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
Department: Business Delivery Exams
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Pay band: 6
- The purpose of this role is to plan and track exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis to handover to Operations Managers for Resource Management and Test Day delivery.
- The Operations Planning Manager will also manage, monitor and review changes to plan reporting on requirements to fill capacity, effectiveness of planning and cost to serve.
- This role will be required to manage country relationships and ensure counterparts across functions understand requirements and execute to plan on Test Day.
- The role will translate demand into capacity/resource requirements for venues, people and test materials to fully optimise operations and margins while maintaining service levels, maximising agility and ensuring contingency.
- Relevant experience of identifying suppliers in a business environment
- Experience of translating demand requirements to ensure capacity can be met to deliver operationally within a large business
- Experience managing small teams or demonstrating management potential
- Experience in third-party relationship management
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience of leading across a dispersed team within a single country
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Deadline: 24th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online