FINCA Impact Finance is FINCA’s network of 20 community-based microfinance institutions and banks, that provides innovative, responsible, and impactful financial services to low-income customers in Eurasia, Latin America, the Middle East, Southern Asia and Africa. FINCA is expanding to Nigeria with the aim of becoming the leading microfinance bank in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliation Assistant
Location: Owerri, Imo, Nigeria
About the Job
- FINCA Nigeria seeks to recruit on ad hoc basis (contract employment) a Reconciliation Assistant for Finance Department.
- The Reconciliation Assistant role is a contract based employment with responsibility of the reconciliation of payments and card transactions and other finance administrative functions.
- Support in the reconciliation of all settlement transactions with the help of transaction and settlement report to ensure appropriate values are received by the bank as and when due.
- Investigate to identify and resolve card transaction errors.
- Perform other administrative duties relating to Finance department
- Deliver service in line with FINCA customer experience standard
- Support the reconciliation unit bi-monthly proofing of all general ledger accounts and escalate exceptions
- Reconcile all loan payable, internal accounts and other accounts in conjunction with Finance department, to avoid abuse and income loss.
- Reconcile card transaction daily; ATM, POS and other Bank’s channels platform
- Liaise with relevant banks and card merchants and other companies as required
Qualification & Experience
- Degree / HND or Ordinary Diploma (minimum qualification) in Accounting related fields
- Practical Knowledge of accounting principles and application
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and word. Other Office application is desirable
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit hardcopy Application and CV to: email@example.com with the position as subject.
Head Officer 20, Wetheral Road,
Owerri – Imo State
Application Deadline 5th February, 2021.