Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
- The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) reports to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for providing the financial management for Jhpiego projects as assigned.
- The SFO will ensure that the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and USAID rules and regulations.
- The SFO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of project financial operations.
- Provide guidance to the program teams regarding the financial requirements of the projects and office operations.
- Ensures financial management systems provides accurate, current, and complete disclosure of financial transactions
- Support the Finance Manager in financial reporting process to donors
- Ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to: prevents over or under-expenditure of budgets, ensures proper safeguards of funds and ensures compliance with established USG and Jhpiego’s global financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
- Implements and oversees a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego’s established financial system.
- Prepares the monthly financial report by using adapted finance software (QuickBooks) and ensures accuracy and timeliness
- Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, analyze, and format data and/or reports
- Serves as Jhpiego’s liaison with banking officials
- Regularly review accounting transactions to ensure costs are allowable and reasonable
- Regularly reviews QBE: review of balance sheet, aging analysis, detailed GL, expenditure by ION, advance balance
- Performs other projects related activities as assigned by the supervisor or by Jhpiego management
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent
- MBA in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or recognized equivalent) is highly desired.
- 5+ years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC, DFID, etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
- Ability to work under the pressure, with minimum supervision and on-distance;
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy and data analytical proficiency
Deadline: 19th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Finance Officer” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org