Delta Nigeria is the authorized dealer for SEM equipment inNigeria. It isdetermined with the vision of providing our construction customers with the most competitive total solution availablesupport that stands apart. As the authorized SEM dealer, Delta Nigeria offers a range of outstanding machines which – through their stability, reliability and productivity – offer an extremely competitive proposition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible to the Delta Sales Manager for carrying out effective and efficient troubleshooting, field repairs, maintenance and servicing of SEM machine systems, electrical equipment, generator sets, and other specialized units in the SEM category.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and trace faults on electrical modules and components of Caterpillar / SEM engines (Gas & Diesel), generator sets, machine systems and specialized units (e.g altronic magnetos etc) reported for repair, maintenance and servicing actions in the field.
- Implement all assigned electrical jobs (including electrolyte preparation and batter charging jobs) promptly, successfully and in accordance with Caterpillar standards without any redo actions.
- Use appropriate diagnostic tools to evaluate the accurate performance of repaired components, units and systems.
- Take proper care of all company’s assets (tools, test equipment, vehicle etc) entrusted to his care.
- Conduct inspection, load testing, PDS and commissioning of new Caterpillar equipment and ensure completion of DSR Forms before delivery is effected to Customers.
- Establish and enlist parts required for assigned jobs and follow up for prompt order and delivery.
- Perform or coordinate certain essential field service works, contract servicing, PIP and SOS function as may be required or assigned from time to time.
- Report any difficult task to appropriate authorities for adequate attention and thus assist management in taking accurate repair decisions as the need arise.
- Prepare necessary documents and service reports (e.g. Delivery slips, SIMS etc) both to customers and for management activities as required.
- A degree or it’s equivalent in the Mechanical / Electrical Engineering discipline.
- 2-3 years of field experience with a good working knowledge of Caterpillar Electrics.
- Ability to drive with a valid professional driving license is an added advantage.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Good analytical and computer skills.
Deadline: 12th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online