The British International School (BIS) – A leading Nigerian International Secondary school, situated on a large purpose-built campus in the heart of one of Africa’s liveliest cities, offers a broad and balanced education to around 370 students aged between eleven and eighteen. The school is co-educational and accepts both day students and boarders.
For September 2021, we seek to appoint an able and experienced staff for the position below:
Job Title: Teacher of Humanities
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and positive teacher who is able to work as part of a team.
- He/she will be expected to teach Religious Education and History to Cambridge standard (CIE) IGCSE.
- Previous experience in delivering the British curriculum is essential. Experience in an International School setting, a member of (Aisen) as well as the ability to deliver a second humanities subject such as Sociology and Psychology is preferred.
Deadline: 10 AM: 8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should contact the “HR Department” via: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Request a Job Description and a person specification. These documents will be emailed to the candidate. Completed applications should be sent to the emails above with reference “Humanities Vacancy”.
All applications must include:
- A letter detailing what each candidate believes he/she can bring to the role. When writing your support statement, please refer to the job description and person specification provided.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae with the full contact details of three referees. Please note that one referee must be the candidate’s most recent head teacher.
- A recent passport sized photograph.