Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and repair of the organization’s database. In addition, he / she will be responsible for supporting the Oracle databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
- Ensure secure services with minimum downtime by proactively monitoring the databases.
- Control privileges and permissions to database users.
- Perform Oracle installations and monitor, tune and provide capacity planning for future expansion requirements.
- Provide regular trend analysis to the service management team, assisting in the optimal resource management / allocation function of the team.
- Effectively escalate identified problems to the Oracle development team and other related third-party concerned.
- Support the IT implementation team to ensure high availability of the databases.
- Monitor database performance as well as carry out database backup and recovery.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as provided by the development team.
- Minimum of a good Bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science / Electronic Engineering / other Technology – related field, Oracle certification (OCA, OCP ) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience as an Oracle database administrator; Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems is a definite advantage.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability
- Practical experience of other databases – e.g. SQL Server
- Practical experience in managing MS SQL database security
- A good understanding of key customer business challenges and strategies, with specific experience in Telecommunications Service Provider environments
- Strong technical and project management skills, must be resourceful and able to work as part of a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven presentation skills.
- Very good analytical and conceptualization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry
- Committed to continuous learning and development on the job
Job Title: Frontend Developer (Python, UI/UX, Web Services)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We require an application developer with hands-on experience in planning, developing and management of applications.
- The developer will also be responsible for supporting through administration and patch development (where necessary) of some existing in house developed applications.
- Ensuring delivery of projects according to agreed timelines, excellent user experience and 99% application/service availability are some of the critical requirements of this role.
Specifically, the developer role will include:
- Gathering and developing user specifications requirement documents for every project initiative.
- Developing project implementation plans for each initiative.
- Application development, deployment and support.
- Admin and user guides/manual development.
- User training and solution handover.
Keys Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc in Computer Science or any other technology disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Physics)
- 3-4 years practical experience in software application development.
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) as it applies to Python and PHP.
- Strong knowledge of Django framework is essential.
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle & MySQL).
- Strong experience in frontend development (UI & UX) using HTML and CSS, cross-browser compatibility and general web functions and standards.
- Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST and SOAP) for API development.
- Knowledge of basic operations of Linux server.
- Experience in using GIT Hub is an added advantage.
- Must know how to use an FTP client such as filezilla, coreftp e.t.c.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to software and the web in general.
- Good problem solving and logical thinking skills (ability to transform business requirements into programmable solutions).
- Good Communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple organizational units (multitenancy).
Job Title: IT Security Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and IT Security Engineer to join a dynamic project team for a project. The resource shall be responsible for the following:
- Carry out procedural system maintenance on all IT systems.
- Ensure all networks including but not limited to LAN, MAN, WAN, GAN meets the demand of the company.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Maintain all IT system work flows.
- Maintain and update all IT Networks.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of IT Network.
- Participate actively in developing, planning and implementing advance IT systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead cyber security initiatives in conjunction with Group Cybersecurity team.
- Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Lead the implementation of Information Security projects
- Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration tests engagements and manage results to remediation.
- Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
- Design, document, and deploy secure infrastructure solutions to enhance and evolve the security posture of the business to ensure integrity, availability and confidentiality of all critical enterprise data.
- Provide expertise on security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS / IDP, anti-malware software
- Liaise with stakeholders in respect of operational implementation of security policies and best practices
- Collaborate with the Client Server Team to ensure that technical plans are practical, controls are sustainable, and implementations are managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations and user productivity.
- Implement the infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor security related events
- Prevent data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the enterprise network.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Ensure conformance to Cyber security Blueprint / Roadmap
- Provide inputs to company strategic plan on all initiatives to ensure that Security gaps / vulnerabilities are identified & closed
- Establish and ensure credibility through strong relationships, value-add to operations and professionalism
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an area of Security specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a Large organization and preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Strong background as an Engineer / Architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion / extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus / worm / malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms,
- Experience with Microsoft, Solaris, Unix, Oracle and MSSQL
- Experience working in telecommunications industry
- Managing network and / or network security
- Knowledge should be current with information security best practices and global trends
- Knowledge of security best practices such as; defense in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption
- User account identity, authorization and authentication management.
- Security incident and event management
- Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concern
- Vulnerability lifecycle management
- Advanced Security incidence reponse
- Systems Auditing, Database Security, Firewall Design, Intrusion detection system administration Implementation
- Security enforcement on systems level, security audit and vulnerability management
- Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security
Deadline: 2nd March, 2021.