University of Mkar, MKar – Benue – Established in 2005, University of Mkar, Mkar is a private Christian University that is founded on the Christian philosophy of Knowledge for God’s Service, excellence and total devotion to God.At the moment, the University offers a total of twenty-one (21) first degree programmes spread across the three foundation Colleges of Food Science and Technology, Science and Education, and Social and Management Sciences.
A fourth College – College of Arts – which has recently been approved, houses four (4) programmes making a total of twenty-five (25) first degree approved programmes. The University also offers Postgraduate studies in the following areas: Microbiology, Food Science and Technology and, Sociology. The University aspires to be a leading University in Nigeria, Africa and the entire world, especially in the field of Science, Technology, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The position of Vice-Chancellor of University of Mkar, Mkar, Benue State, Nigeria will become vacant by September 01, 2021. In accordance with the University of Mkar, Mkar Law, the Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor for the University. Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Principal Academic as well as the Chief Executive Officer of the University responsible to the University Governing Council.
- He / she is the Chairman of Senate, Congregation and, a member of the Governing Council and shall in the absence of the Chancellor, preside over the Convocation.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise general superintendence over the University and shall have general responsibility for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University, and it shall be the duty of the Vice- Chancellor to see that the provisions of the Law and Statute, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are observed, and he / she shall exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for the good governance of the University.
- The candidate who shall not be below the rank of Professor of at least 5 years experience in a conventional University
- Shall be a Christian of proven integrity and probity with a track record of service and a sound knowledge of University administration and management.
- He / she shall have a clear vision for the development of the University and the realisation of its mission; exhibit the proven capacity to attract funds and mobilise other resources for the development of the University; enjoy excellent physical and mental health, amongst others and shall not be above 65 years of age at the time of appointment.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as shall be specified in his / her letter of appointment.
- Generally, the conditions are comparable to what is obtainable in public Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 9th April, 2021.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Applications accompanied by their Visions for the University and CV duly signed and dated, specifying the following:
- Full names of the candidate,
- Marital status
- Educational attainment,
- Work experience,
- Professional and academic achievements
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees whom the candidate shall contact to forward a confidential report on him / her to the Registrar.
All applications shall be sent by “Courier Mail” directly to:
University of Mkar, Mkar – Nigeria
P.M.B 017, Gboko,
Note: Candidates identified by the Search Team shall, in addition, attach to their Application (a signed letter of consent.