The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Clerk
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-026
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 6
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-6
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed 5 years subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Under the direction of the Supervisory Administrative Assistant or Project Director, the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO). The incumbent furnishes a wide range of administrative duties. These activities may include, but not limited to, financial, procurement and supplies, computer network, shipping and travel, personnel, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of two (2) years of clerical/administrative/customer service experience in an office setting is required.
- Knowledge of office management functions, services, procedures and standard information sources, as well as knowledge of general design/construction guidelines and vocabulary, are required.
- Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge Reading/Writing/Speaking English is required.
Skills And Abilities:
- Good customer service orientation and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to use computer for data entry, spreadsheets, word processing, and email. Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in other organizations in order to coordinate personnel matters.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- NGN4,834,097 annually
- USD $34,021 annually
Deadline: 15th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate
For EFMs, in addition to the above;
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.