The MENTOR Initiative is a UK registered charitable, not-for-profit, non-governmental organization working globally torelieve human suffering from tropical diseases. With support from UNF-PUI and BHA.The MENTOR Initiative is implementing Emergency Control of Malaria amongst high malarious areas in Borno state. The MENTOR Initiative works in close partnership with the MoH in Nigeria to build technical capacity and effective planning and responses to malaria and other VBDs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Logistics Coordinator
Location: (Maiduguri, Monguno and Jere) Borno
Reporting to: Logistics Coordinator
Supervision of: Logistics Officer and staff
Overall Job Purpose
- To assist the NGO functioning in operational aspects of activities.
Expected Key Results
- Provide support to the LogCo or the achievement of the following results:
- Strategic planning for existing and future operational activities in support of the programmes
- General overseeing of support staff and advice to senior programme personnel
- Ensure full implementation logistics activities according to Mentor/ donor guides – especially in procurement and technical fields
- To provide timely and regular updates to the LogCo on logistics activities
- Proper documentation of various project activities including timely reporting and dissemination
- To liaise with supply staff and managing procurements of items and services
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advice LogCo on best practices accordioning to local context and liaise with authorities, suppliers and service providers
- Support, train and develop other staff in Logistics best practices as directed by the LogCo
- Liaise with international, government and non-government agencies and collaborate with them as appropriate.
- Oversee planning and organisation of MENTOR-Initiative distribution requirements, and assist LogCo in planning best use of vehicles, repairs, vehicle tracking and fuelling.
- Ensure full implementation and maintenance of MENTOR-Initiative standard practices in logistics procedures.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement of goods and services on behalf of the MENTOR-Initiative following MENTOR-Initiative Procedures and keeping documentation to compliance with donor audit requirements, and provide advice to Logistics Coordinator on negotiation of contracts required by the MENTOR-Initiative for goods and services.
- Follow Logistics Officer(s) and logistics teams to:
- Plan, organise and maintain any stores / warehouses containing MENTOR-Initiative stock to MENTOR-Initiative standards
- Provide standard weekly, or as required, logistics data (eg stock tracking, asset lists, procurement tracking)
- Organise the transportation and other commodities for incoming/outgoing goods to ensure the timely reception and delivery.
- Produce regular, timely and accurate narrative reports for the MENTOR-Initiative and for donors as directed by the LogCo.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (logistics certification and/ or recognised NGO training courses an asset)
- Supervision of logistics / support / operations teams
- 2 to 3 years of Previous NGO and / or work experience in operations
- Able to work as part of an established team with excellent communication skills, team builder, flexible, adaptable
- Good presentation and coaching skills.
- Presentable, approachable and diplomatic.
- Conduct all activities in honest and trustworthy manner in the best interest of The MENTOR Initiative and the target community.
Deadline: 28th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV along with Cover Letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention in the subject line as – Assistant Logistics Coordinator.
- Both male and female candidates can apply.
- Preference will be given to the candidates from Maiduguri, Jere and Monguno origin.