Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leader in the Cell Phone & Devices Accessories and Repair industry, is currently recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cell Phone Repair Technician
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, a leader in the Cell Phone & Devices Accessories and Repair industry, is currently looking to hire a Cell Phone Repair Technician, who will be responsible for fixing both software and hardware issues of mobile and other electronic devices.
- S / he will be required to work collaboratively with other team members, from out of the retail stores / service centres of the company, scattered across the different locations in the country.
- This position requires experience repairing and diagnosing damaged cell phones. Apple, Android and Windows software experience is desired. The right candidate will display an ability to work in an ever changing environment brought on by the rapidly changing and exciting cell phone industry.
- Disassembles devices, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Conducts diagnosis of faulty phones, PCs and other electronic devices
- Repairs cell phone units according to requirements, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Run a few basic tests and carefully assess the device’s functionality before opening it up.
- Replace components such as antenna, battery, LCD screens, keypads, buttons, camera, etc., where necessary.
- Perform various tests upon repair to verify functionality, and document results of repairs
- Reassembles cell phones after making repairs or replacing parts
- Learns and uses new processes and procedures
- Resolve customer issues relating to equipment problems by fixing phones, tablets and other consumer electronics by determining the most effective repair method.
- Engage with and reassure customers to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Listen carefully to the customer’s description of the phone’s problem.
- Meet or exceed key performance objectives including service and repair metrics.
- Perform various inventory tasks such as counting and monitoring inventory levels.
- NABTEB / NCE / ND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position. Candidates with experience as a Cell Phone/Devices Repair Technician, and with vocational certifications in mobile technologies will have an advantage.
- Experience repairing devices and/or computers preferred
- Experience with flashing ROMs on phones preferred
- Cell phone technicians will be required and should be available to work during weekends.
Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of software such as Android, iOS, and Java are a must for jobs which require software troubleshooting.
- Hand-on experience and know-how on the use of solders and precision tools, including mobile/devices phone components.
- Hand-on experience and requisite knowledge of RF (radio frequency) technologies, 3G/4G protocols and a good understanding of GSM, CDMA, EDGE, and HSPA+ standards.
Knowledge / Abilities / Soft Skills:
- Good communication skills
- Strong reading abilities.
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to multitask
- Attention to detail
Deadline: 3rd April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the “Job title” as the subject of the email
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.