Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Control Officer
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Financial Control Officer is responsible for reconciliation and settlements activities and will provide revenue assurance to the bank.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure daily reconciliation and posting of all of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports
- Support the E-business team in resolving settlement and reconciliation matters
- Monitor income/fees and ensure value is promptly transferred to the bank
- Verify the incoming and outgoing payment on e-channel accounts
- Reconcile bank statement with entries in the bank ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and present the reconciliation reports
- Prepare daily and weekly report on over/under-settlement of transactions
- Identify, follow up and investigate unreconciled transactions or discrepancies to enable prompt resolutions
- Liaising regularly with various bank account officers on issues relating to direct debits, standing orders, unidentified credits and charges from time to time.
- Monitors the deduction on loan and facilities with various banks and reconciling with terms and conditions in of the offer
- Develop and maintain business relations with payment partners
- Liaise with the settlement bank and payment processing companies on potential under-settlement and ensure resolution of issues identified in line with the company’s policies and procedures
- Advise the finance team of possible over-settlement for necessary provisions
- Maintain reconciliation records
- Rendition of monthly returns and processing of associated payments for FIRS, LIRS and PFAs within seven days of deduction
- Sending daily dashboard report to management
- Provide support to other finance team a required
- Support end of day/month and year process
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND / BSc / in Accounting, Economics or a related field with 1-3 years work experience
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of / from NYSC
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Previous experience as a reconciliation/account officer
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Great analytical skills for decision making and problem solving
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Advanced computer software skills, including Microsoft excel
- Organization and time management abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
Job Title: Head, Financial Control
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head Financial Control will support the Managing Director to develop and oversee the execution of a finance, treasury and management strategy that enables the achievement of long-term goals and operational plans.
- The job holder will oversee the bank’s financial planning and strategy, financial management and control, treasury management, tax and other oversight functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the formation of the business strategy and ensure that all financial policies, procedures and systems are sound
- Provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short term and long-term financial goals
- Management of treasury and investment to ensure optimal liquidity and negotiate/arrange external finance when required
- Monitors banking activities and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Oversee the activities of external auditors, CBN and NDIC examiners and ensure 100% compliance with set guidelines
- Manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. LIRS, FIRS, etc.
- Ensures adequate insurance coverage on all operational activity
- Ensures adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.).
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions
- Ensure that financial reports comply with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keeping abreast of developments in the space
- Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the bank’s approval limits
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- HND / BSc in Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Evidence of completion / exemption of/from NYSC
- Professional qualification such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role at a financial institution
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards, tax management, costing accounting etc.
- Treasury and investment management experience
- Knowledge of the Microfinance banking framework
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
- High attention to detail.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Conflict resolution and / or mediation skills
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
Deadline: 24th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Financial Control Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: If you do not get a response from the Recruiter after 4 weeks of this publication, please note that your application was not successful.