George Houston Resources Limited – Our client, a major player across diverse business sectors in Nigeria is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently searching for a talented, smart, passionate and experienced / certified Data Analyst to help analyze and interpret data for business performance across all Offline Retail chain.
- The Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- She / he should have a strong grasp of data acquisition and management tools and strategies and be able to monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Qualification / Essential Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math’s, Statistics, or any of the related disciplines.
- At least 3 – 5 year’s progressive experience working as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong exposure and understanding of various functions on ERP solutions
- Strong on MS excel and power point skills
- Good communication skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of Navision will be added advantage.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Helping develop reports and analysis; Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Evaluating changes and updates to source the Retail Systems
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Deadline: 20th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter captured as the Job Title.