The Justice, Development and Peace / Caritas Initiative (JDPC) Enugu DIOCESE, a non-profit oriented Social, Justice and Development of the Diocese is currently engaged in the Enugu State 4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their families in Enugu East LGA.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Education and Psychosocial Support Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of Education and Psychosocial support activities for community based OVCs support in the 4GATES project component of JDPC ENUGU’s Treatment, Prevention and Support for OVC Project.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial support Officer is under the supervision of the Program Manager, in collaboration with other thematic areas officers organize a range of duties related to education and child protection.
- The Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will provide technical leadership in education and protection OVC services.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will have some combination of technical expertise and experience in OVC service areas that include; child protection, psychosocial support, education, child rights and advocacy.
- To identify and support needy OVC with primary and secondary school fees.
- To plan for and oversee debriefing training for adolescent youths.
- To plan for and undertake follow-up trainings for community volunteers.
- To facilitate the formation and training of Community OVC coalitions and task forces
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will guide the project technically in terms of: OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and care givers on child protection and education.
- To develop detailed annual work-plan for OVC Care and support in child protection and education and participates in project evaluations and assessments.
- To prepare and submit timely monthly, reports and share with partners as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum of first Degree or HND in Social Sciences or a degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or another relevant field
- 2-3 years experience.
- Have an understanding of the child right sector, OVC frameworks in Nigeria and OVC programming guidelines including National Service Standards is essential.
- Experience working with children
- Experienced in child rights
- Knowledge of OVC programming is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point presentation
- Excellent project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills and innovative
- Fluency in English and Igbo is essential and.
- Must reside in Enugu state.
Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send His / Her Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the e-mail.
For more information Call the Program Manager on 08037514715.
Leave a Reply