Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Contractor for Office Refit
- The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria is seeking a qualified and experienced building contractor to rehabilitate an existing block of 9 flats in Asokoro District, Abuja to serve as new offices for the organisation.
- The existing Property is a three-storey building comprised of Nine (9) flats of four (4) en-suite rooms each, Fourteen (14) Rooms at the basement floor level and extensive exterior facilities including a Lawn Tennis Court, Gym/Fitness Hall, Bar and Garden and a Swimming Pool.
- The intention is to rehabilitate and refurbish the property to become a well finished, modern office facility. The time for this is extremely limited and the successful bidder will need to demonstrate the ability to carry out the work rapidly.
- Budgetary considerations may dictate that some of the external works may need to be phased.
- Suitable companies are therefore invited to indicate their interest in providing these services by completing the EOI document prescribed below.
- Interested companies are to provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the organisation’s Procurement Policy and the EOI document that can be accessed below.
Deadline: 12 Noon; 17th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / firms should forward their Expressions of Interest electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Important Information / Notice
- All EOIs must be received by the stated submission closing time and date as stated above and in the EOI document.
- Any bid not sent to the correct tender box email address will be rejected.
- The form is a sample for submission of information of firms in response to the request for expression of interest for the ‘Office Rehabilitation.’
- We strongly encourage you to submit your proposal with information filled in this sample format. However, you may provide information in your own format and any other supporting document in annexure that you think relevant to this project and make you a potential candidate for providing this service.
- All EOIs must be received by the stated submission closing time and date as stated in EOI document. Any EOI not sent to the email above will be rejected.
- It is the responsibility of the Contractor to ensure that the correct reference and closing date are included on the electronic message header of all messages pertaining to the EOI. The Contractor is responsible for ensuring that for any EOI delivered in separate files, that the files are numbered sequentially and contain the above details. Failure to include this information may result in your EOI being rejected.
- The e-mail EOIs will be deemed to have been received at the time that it is received by MGIC. The burden of proving receipt of the e-mail will be on the Contractor and will not be met solely by a read receipt or sent items report generated by the Contractor’s computer.
- All incoming emails to MGIC are virus scanned prior to acceptance into the destination mailbox. Any e-mail EOI found to contain a virus will automatically be rejected without notification to the sender.