Danbo International Schools is a comprehensive day &boarding school based in Kaduna, Nigeria. We are committed to a broad and balanced curriculum and aim to use excellent teaching & learning practices to build quality, fairness and success for our students for the long term. With an excellent academic record, we believe in educating the whole child.Some of our values are respect, integrity, accountability, responsibility & independent thinking. These values are infused into everyday life at the school and shared by all staff, teachers, and students. They permeate in lessons from teachers right down to how our students treat one another. It is these very values that separate Danboites from the rest. Our motto is High Achievement for all, we set a high standard and work hard in achieving this through various strategic activities that drive success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Manager
Location: Barnawa, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- The Facility Maintenance Manager role is to lead the maintenance function by providing a proactive and reactive, multiskilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure at the schools.
- You are required to ensure that our student and your colleagues have the best physical resources to complete their work/duties. Your duties will include overseeing the maintenance of the school, maintaining machinery, planning repair activities and developing maintenance procedures, including implementing and managing continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes as required.
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for a rounded facilities manager, someone with a solid understanding of buildings’ internal and external infrastructures. You have the working knowledge of plumbing, electrical systems, carpentry, gardening and other crafts.
- You have proven experience as a maintenance or building expert and expertise in planning and coordinating maintenance operations. You have excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- You can undertake administrative, reporting and budgeting tasks.
- You are well versed in all maintenance processes and health and safety regulations. Having a Diploma or equivalent and a Degree in this field will be an advantage.
Deadline: 21st March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org including DISFMM-2103 as the subject of your email