Dreams Placement Hub – Our client, a Haulage company located in Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
- A Haulage company located in Lagos requires the services of a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor who will be mainly responsible for supervising the maintenance of the entire fleet of the Haulage company.
- Monitor and coordinate the activities of the Mechanics and ensure they deliver on their deliverables
- Responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into thefleet, maintaining detailed records of truck servicing and inspection and scheduling regular truck maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among otherduties
- Improvefleetproductivity whilst also reducing costs and increasing profits.
- Maintain the fleet as efficiently as possible to minimise downtime.
- Proactively engage drivers and mechanics on preventive routines to avoid unforeseen breakdowns
- Establish and maintain service schedules for all the vehicles in the fleet
- Organize Truck Safety Stickers & Registration
- Organize the repair of any damage to vehicles
- Provide monthly Vehicle Maintenance cost report to the GM Operation
- Organize & Schedule Fleet vehicle maintenance
- Conduct random inspections of trucks within the fleet
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor must have the knowlegde of:
- Principles, understanding, experience andpractices of vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Equipment, tools and materials used in vehicle and equipment maintenance activities and services.
- Principles of supervision and training
- Basic budgeting principles
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances and rules as related to transportation and fleet operations
- 5 years of experience in Transportation Industry
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Good commercial and business understanding
- Fluent in both Pidgin & English both verbal and written.
- Must live on the mainland for ease of comuting to Yard and Work sites
Deadline: 26th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.