Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Strategy
Reporting To: Chief Marketing Officer
- This role will be responsible for the development of the company’s corporate strategies and objectives while strengthening the business core to develop and maintain a competitive advantage in the sector.
- Identify and analyse key trends within the Global & African power landscape while steering eﬀorts to circumvent threats to the business for management as well as timely insights to various departments.
- Analyse and maximize opportunities through conceptualization and implementation of a competitive business strategy and budget plan.
- Gather data, monitor power market trends and economies with a view to analysing and anticipating changes that will create business opportunities.
- Play the role of a strategy subject matter expert to the Chief Marketing Officer MO and drive leadership within the business, providing much needed support in the formulation of corporate goals and strategies.
- Engage and support senior and executive management on numerous fronts in defining and refining global business strategies with a specific focus on designing and implementing new strategic approaches, ideas, and processes that will expand the business.
- Establish and drive productive relationships with regulatory and other industry stakeholders as may be required.
- Support large-scale enterprise-wide projects that incorporate a proactive and innovative solution to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and collaborates with external partners on strategic initiatives and priorities and represents the IE as needed.
- Develops and pursues successful proposals. Builds support and partnerships to promote programs and projects that advance impact priorities in a scalable and sustainable manner.
- Coordinates with existing and new Partners to support current and emerging priorities within the electricity power sector.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Management.
- First degree in a Numerate or Business related discipline.
- Post Graduate Degree in a business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of cognate experience with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of Business Analysis/Strategy, with industry experience in leading organisations through strategic changes with positive results.
- Relevant work experience in similar role with advanced/ extensive knowledge and mastery of relevant theories, principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience or special development.
- Consulting experience will be an added advantage.
- Electricity Regulations and Policies
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Corporate / Business Strategy
- Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Leadership/ Managerial Skills
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Deadline: 25th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online