Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
At Graceco you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Generalist
Employment Type: Full-time
Detailed Job Description
Employee Recruitment & Selection Process:
- Coordinates recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt openings initiates and coordinates recruitment ads
- Create and update database for replacement of Key position
- Oversee reference and background checks for new staff members.
- Work with compliance manager to ensure that food handlers test is done for existing and new staff members.
- Conduct exit interviews on terminating employees
- Oversee the company’s employee performance evaluation process and brief senior management on the outcome of the process
- Oversee the performance review process and establish and monitor progress toward key success metrics for the performance evaluation process
- Review HR metrics related to employee pay increases that stems from the appraisal exercise, ensuring budget allocation meets organizational goals
- Identifies employee needs with regard to performance problems, training options, and career development and makes recommendations accordingly
- Counsels and guides managers and management on appropriate performance management measures.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS):
- Create individual files and maintain detailed records, for each employee, including employment records, educational and other Certificates, Job descriptions, beneficiary nominations etc.
- Manage and update all employees profile on ERP Next
- Gather and analyze data from Human Resource Information and other appropriate sources.
- Implement goals set by management for HR metrics at company level, present performance against goals, and propose action plans to address any concerns.
- Maintain Employee Database on ERPNext for all the information in the individual employee files.
- Documenting correspondence about transfer, promotion, redeployment, disciplinary action, etc. in staff’s file.
- Analyze lagging indicators, partnering with business management to research the root cause of any areas of concern and create action plans to address.
- Address employee conflicts & grievances and complete investigations as required
- Ensure good working tools are provided to employees
- Administer employee discipline or corrective action when required
- Propose strategy to improve employee engagement and retention
- Create leave allocation for staff on or before 30th of January every year
- Advises management and managers of state and federal regulations and effective human resource practices with regard to employee issues.
Training and Development:
- Work with heads of departments to design appropriate training and development programmes for staff.
- Delivering and overseeing the training of individuals or groups of employees
- Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programmes or schemes
- Counsel staff on Company and HR policies, practices, and procedures
- Design and coordinate induction process to integrate new staff into the work place.
Benefit & Payroll Administration:
- Manage and process payroll for all employees on or before 25th of every month.
- Update salary structure and ensure employees receive salary slips on or before 30th of every month.
- Manage all employee benefits program such as Healthcare, Pension, Product Allotment, Group Life Insurance, and NSITF.
- Advise employees of their benefit options.
- Collaborate and maintain professional communication with accounting department.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- B.Sc (1st Class or 2nd Class) in Industrial Relations/Human Resources Management or related courses
- Applicant must have relevant HR certification from either HRCI, SHRM or CIPM.
- Applicant must have minimum of 3 years’ experience as HR Generalist in well structured environment preferably manufacturing environment.
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Human Resources and Employee Self Service enterprise wide packages
- Have sound knowledge of Nigeria labour law
- Have experience managing 400-500 staff
- Sound knowledge of HR Metrics
- Strong assertive skill and process driven
- Good team player
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills and negotiating skills
- Good understanding of the employee recruitment process
- Strong sense of professionalism, integrity, sound judgment and tact
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High emotional intelligence and proactiveness
- Have experience coordinating Graduate trainee program and Training school
- Experience in payroll management
- Possess sound computer skill; Excel, Power point, MS-word.
Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.