VPD.Money is a financial service and lifestyle App that offers its users money management tools, instant access to a digital wallet and bank account. We are unifying wallet and digital banking experience in order to bridge the gap between Africa and the global e-commerce market. Enabling connectivity that drives performance powered by individuals, African & International SMEs, and the diaspora community seeking to trade or complete transactions in/with Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Identify the financial risk of the organization and offer recommendations to reduce risk
- Evaluate financial documents for accuracy and compliance with fintech regulations
- Audit review of all accounting processes and procedures.
- Preparation of timely internal control report for the CEO
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and stakeholders
Requirements For The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields
- Minimun of 3-5years’ experience in similar role
- Professional qualifications of ACA/ACCA/CIA will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in a Fintech organisation
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- VPD money is looking for a smart-working, passionate, Business Development Officer, who will play an important role to help grow VPDs Impact, locally and Internationally, and is driven to innovate
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need to show that you are up for the challenge, a self-starter, curious by nature and someone who enjoys the autonomy to run their own working life, plus a good understanding of consultative and content driven selling
- Manage Sales & Business Development process / pipeline to ensure we achieve our targets.
- Understand the market situation and availability of new technology, conduct market
- Analysis and propose enhancement recommendations for management’s decision
- Develop growth strategies and plans for VPD Money.
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- 3-4 years’ experience in the Banking industry, preferably in Fintech.
- Proven business development capabilities with a strong track-record of converted sales
- Excellent sales competencies and the ability to rapidly build and create credibility in the Fintech sector
- A clear track record and evidenced ability to network and rapidly engage with new and existing networks
- Exceptional customer awareness, long term relationship building and relationship building skills including marketing and brand building
- Excellent communication, consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Previous Fintech or startup experience will be a plus
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Competencies, Capabilities and Key Responsibilities
To succeed at this role, the following will be expected:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Saddled with the primary duties of oversees company’s daily operations in all business areas for effective goal actualization
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes by evaluating performance, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
- Coordinates with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Prepare and submit monthy, quarterly ,bi- annually and annual operational reports ,budget to the CEO
- Leverage the advantages of bringing together the operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money
Key Skills: What We Require;
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role in a Fintech environment
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, Financial management, Marketing -Business Development ,Customer Service, Legal Compliance and Operations
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge
- Financial planning industry knowledge
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Advanced degree required, ideally a Post Graduate degree or an MBA, with a minimum of 10 years strong business management operational experience across a range of business disciplines ideally, has worked in a senior management role for 5+ years in a financial – technology organization.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
Job Title: Compliance Officer
- VPD money is looking for a Compliance officer will be responsible for leading and driving compliance implementation to enable the expansion business.
- The incumbent will also ensure VPD Money maintains an excellent regulatory record, whilst ensuring customer. To be successful in this role, the incumbent should be familiar in all areas of regulatory compliance, interested in learning and have experience & curiosity in the application of technology to solve compliance-related challenges.
- Ensure Suspicious Activity Reports, Sanctions Screening are fully investigated in line with regulatory requirements
- Design and implement processes that leverages best of breed technology to meet regulatory expectations whilst enabling the strategic and business goals of VPD Money
- Manage and continuously improve implemented compliance processes to ensure expectations are always met.
- Assess various risks such as – country, customer, product and cyber and report to management and boards.
- Escalate regulatory risks and policy breaches/ discrepancies, wherever necessary to the appropriate authority
- Recommend technology selection and usage for attainment of goals
- Remain current on industry developments and new rules & regulations
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience within a financial institution or financial technology (FinTech) company
- BSc / BA in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Experience in designing and implementing compliance processes
- Knowledge of applicable risk and regulatory requirements and the impact on the business
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Previous Fintech or startup experience is a must
Deadline: 1st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the subject line “Internal Auditor”