At Zercom systems, we offer the highest levels of experience, professionalism and integrity as well as certified expertise in virtually all computing systems and products to solve the most challenging needs. We work closely with our clients to understand the nature of their business challenges and ultimate business objectives and offer best possible solutions using the latest innovations in the Business/IT industry. With our core competencies in the areas of Process Automation, Business Transformation, and Learning & Development, we guarantee to take your business to the next level.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior PHP / Code Igniter Developer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a smart individual to join the team with sound knowledge of web development (Core PHP, PHP Symphony Framework, API Platform, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, AJAX).
- Focus of the job will be to develop the server-side logic and responsive front end.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Should be logically strong and quick.
- Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and initiatives with attention to detail.
- Flexible and resourceful.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for application design, code development, testing and deployment, and maintenance
- Write well designed and optimized code
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Implement new features and maintain the existing codebase
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product and database to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Develop solutions based on queries given by clients.
- Create and run ad hoc reports written in SQL and iterating through large datasets in PHP
- Tune database (indexes and schema organization)
Job Experience / Skills
- 2+ years B.Sc. degree in IT or Computer Science in any field with NYSC Completion Certificate
- 2+ years experience developing web based applications in PHP
- Proficient in the latest PHP versions 7 and understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Symphony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, or any other MV- framework).
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Familiarity with MySQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of Git & Bitbucket.
Job Title: Web Developer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with your team on a daily basis
- Ensure all the company’s website is maintained and updated as and when necessary
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through HTML / CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- Engage in digital retouching of the site and image editing.
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites
- Understanding of key website design principles and SEO optimization
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline the WordPress development cycle
- Support, extend and/or enhance existing code
- Document technical and functional specifications
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Ability to test and debug websites
- Provide technical consultancy services to project stakeholders
- Create backup files and solve coding problems as they arise from time-to-time
- Work with the graphics department in developing eLearning courses
- Other duties as required
- 2+ years and B.Sc. degree in IT or Computer Science in any field with NYSC Completion Certificate
- Good Knowledge of WordPress is an added advantage
- Strong experience with on-page SEO fundamentals
- Experience with e-commerce, preferably WooCommerce for WordPress
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL, Code igniter)
- Experience with Responsive sites (Bootstrap ideally)
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Ability to explain complex technologies clearly to others
- Great communication skills to work with clients and our team
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- High attention to detail
Skills and Competence:
- Proficiency in Graphics design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD and CorelDraw
- Minimum knowledge in content development software (on the job training will be provided)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge sharing with team members
- Observant and able to remain focused on tasks for long periods of time
- Delivers and achieve results
- A sense of urgency for every project work
- Ability to meet up to timelines/deadlines
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Speed, accuracy, and attention to details
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
Job Title: PHP Developer – Intern
Location: Victoria island, Lagos
Employment Type: Part-time
- Design, implement, test, debug and provide ongoing support for system software that meets technical and customer requirements.
- Continuously accept and incorporate customer and end user feedback to further improve our products
- Conduct and participate in code and design reviews.
- Passionately champion new ideas and features.
- Document designs with ample comments, reports, descriptions, issue tracking and resolution.
- Develop reusable software and system components, and integrate these into existing and new designs.
- Work closely with clients in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
- Serve as technical lead on projects as assigned, working with customers to meet deliverables and address and resolve technology or system issues
- Interested candidates should possess an OND, HND or Degree with at least 1 year work experience.
Deadline: 17th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as the subject of the email.