NPG Farms Hatchery & Agro Allied Services – We are an agricultural establishment that is committed to producing and marketing best quality poultry and farm products. We have been in operations for close to two decades.
We are currently undergoing a massive re-engineering and expansion process that require to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will report to the Farm Manager and will be responsible for the day to day operations and assigns duties to farm workers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner.
- He ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations. In consultation with the farm manager, prioritizes tasks and decides on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers.
- He will also records information on inbound, outbound of birds and creates and submit reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and animal growth and mortality.
Specific duties are listed below but not limited to:
- He assigns duties to farm workers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner; duties might include feeding poultry, shipping eggs or maintaining buildings.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in raising poultry, Confers with farm manager to ascertain production requirements and to discuss condition of equipment and status of supplies
- Provides care to injured or ill poultry
- Enforce workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Assigns workers to duties, such as collecting and candling eggs, feeding and vaccinating poultry, crating and shipping fryers, and cleaning and fumigating chicken houses.
- Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as chicken houses, automatic feeders, and layer nests.
- Update birds records on daily basis
- Train new workers and ensure old farm attendance are refreshed of their responsibilities and obligations,
- Prepares worker attendance, egg production, feed consumption, and poultry mortality reports.
- HND / OND in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent. A lower degree with extensive knowledge and experience in Agricultural and Animal Science or equivalent can also apply.
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Extensive experience in a farming/poultry-related field preferably in a well organized and recognized Farms.
- Management experience would be a plus
- A passion for Agriculture and life care of stock.
- Effective poultry attendance management skills
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Sound writing and arithmetic/analytical skills is a must
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills.
- To carry out manual duties
- To work under pressure and outside work hours
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership – willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- To give attention to detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Vast knowledge of poultry care, vaccination, prevention of mortality and schedule of birds growth and maturity.
- Knowledge and impact of weather and environment on the well being and growth of birds
- Knowledge of Poultry/food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- A commitment passion for poultry welfare
- An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Quality Control Officer will ensure consistent product quality of all farms products hatched and slaughter. He will Identify potential issues in all phases of operations and implement corrective action promptly.
- QCO will ensure all farms products leaving the premises conform with Company’s food standard, Regulatory Food Safety Audit and customers specifications.
- The Quality Control Officer will report directly to the Head of Operations and will be directly supervised by both Slaughter House Manager, HOO.
Specific Duties will include but not limited to:
- Monitor and supervise the processing of hatch eggs to ensure all parameters that will guarantee DOC quality are observed and maintained.
- Develop process and follow through in slaughtering steps
- Ensure sound and Good Manufacturing Process is strictly observed at all time both in Hatchery, Slaughtering processes and the Company outlets
- Ensure the packaging of chicken and farm products are top notch and conform with all regulatory and customer specifications.
- Ensure integrity of scaling devices is maintained both in packaging, recording, labelling and in Outlets.
- Overhaul the processing of farms products in the slaughter house and hatchery to ensure it conform with NAFDAC, SON, Environmental and other regulatory bodies.
- Visit outlets and inspect equipment used in frozen of farm products tha are kept in sound sanitary conditions and conform with regulatory specifications.
- Solely responsible for Quality of output in Hatchery and Slaughter House and our outlets
- Interface with all regulatory bodies, monitor schedule of inspections, prepare all medical, water analysis and environmental tests and ensure they conform with the all regulatory bodies requests.
- Supervise, train and motivate employees to achieve Company’s goals.
- Assist in implementing, maintaining, evaluating, enforcing, and updating regulatory, Corporate Guidelines and QC Programs.
- Interface with Supervisors, Head of Sales, HOO and employees in Hatchery, Slaughter house and outlets on food safety, quality of chicken dispatched, received and ensure compliance with customer specifications and regulatory bodies.
- Strict implementation of sound sanitary of cold rooms, environment and usage of PPE by employees.
- Develop a dashboard to present performance of Hachery, Slaughter House and Outlets on Food Safety, GMP, Integrity of Scaling, use of PPE, Products and Regulatory Compliance.
- B.Sc Degree / HND qualification (preferably Food Science or Meat / Poultry Science)
- Minimum of 2-5 years Food Processing and Quality Management Experience.
- Must be detailed oriented. Have strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to make sound judgment and good decisions regarding quality and wholesomeness of product.
- Strong Leadership. Managerial Skills and the ability to coach and develop employees
- Able to prioritize/adjust quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision to meet changing plant needs.
- Experienced in Food Safety/Regulatory Audit and Demands
- Able to work long and flexible hours.
Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: If you are qualified for the above position and willing to work and live in Oyo state, please forward your CV.