Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client, an indigenous Oil and Gas company engaged in upstream and downstream business requires the services of a qualified candidate with experience in corporate employment or commercial law practice to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer 2
Location: Lagos (Igando, Ibeju-Lekki L.G.A., Lekki)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Excellent knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry.
- Assist in the drafting of legal contracts, briefs, deeds, leases, MOUs, MOAs, JVAs and other legal papers.
- Review of Agreements and provision of legal advice and opinions to Management. Prepare and draft all legal documents and agreements relating to ICNL’s operations (e.g. supplier contract, insurance contracts, employee contracts, service level agreements) for the GM Legal / Company’s Secretary for review.
- Provide company secretarial services-attendance of board meetings, keeping of minutes, board resolutions and filings with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Maintenance of relationship with external solicitors and management of the company’s litigation portfolio.
- Attendance of court proceedings and liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Provide useful inputs in the formulation of deals and contracts.
- Management of all Consultant Contracts. (B) Liaison with Government Offices and Consultant Lawyers.
- Maintain all legal documentation within the department ensuring proper filing and completeness.
- Follow up with relevant departments on outstanding legal documents/responses.
- Prepare all relevant documents needed for filing statutory reports.
- Assist in obtaining and renewing statutory permits from NPA, SON, MAN, NIMASA, NEPC, COREN, etc.
- Preparation and perfection of property title documents – leases, Deed of Assignment and contract of sale.
- Visit to competent Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
- Management of all Consultant Contracts and liaise with Government Offices and Consultant Lawyers.
- Handling of court cases:
- Preparations of case drafts.
- Coordination and Briefing / discussion with the lawyers for legal cases and to negotiate the fees structure.
- Coordinate and make arrangements required for Arbitration proceedings and provide the required documents to appointed Advocate for proceeding of Arbitration.
- Follow up with Advocates for updating of legal cases.
- Follow up with concerned officer to attend the court.
- Attend the meetings / conferences as and when required/directed.
- Minimum of first degree in Law (LLB) is required. LLM an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years relevant experience in similar role.
- Applicants living within Lekki Peninsular, Lagos Island and Victoria Island is a plus.
N150,000 – N200,000 / Month.
Deadline: 13th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title and Location” as the subject of the email.