HR-EX Consulting – Our client was established and registered to do business as a multi-practice commercial and litigation law firm based in Lagos, Nigeria. They are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Practitioner
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role holder will represent clients in civil litigation and other legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, and manage or advise clients on legal transactions.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree in Law
- Must be called to the Nigeria Bar with a 2.1
- A minimum of 3 years active litigation experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be female
- Island resident preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather evidence.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Explain the law and give legal advice.
- Offer legal representation at arbitration or mediation hearings.
- Draft, review and manage wills, trusts, estates, contracts and deeds.
- Manage regulatory and compliance-related services.
- Facilitate innovative solutions to client problems.
- Offer legal representation to clients in court proceedings on civil or criminal matters.
- Manage and oversee paralegals and legal assistants.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases
- Prepare pleadings, notices, and make appearances in court
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases
- Performs other duties as assigned
Deadline: 1st April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.