Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management / Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Qualifications & Experience
- An advanced degree in Finance or an MBA strongly preferred
- HND or BSc. in Accounts, Economics or Business Administration and relevant professional qualifications e.g. ICAN.
- Minimum of 8 years cumulative relevant experience with at least six (5) years in Financial Reporting / performance management manager
- Experience in the retail Industry an added advantage
- Experienced in creating and working with financial models.
- Experienced in preparing budget models, SGA detail, CAPEX detail, and presentations during budget cycles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This individual will be responsible for managing the entire financial reporting process within the company or organisation. S / He will supervise the finance department in order to ensure effective financial reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
- The job holder will be responsible for performance control activities and financial planning functions for Asset Optimization. Maximizes return on financial resources by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Work with the different functions and businesses within Hubmart to deliver and continue to refine a set of operational and financial measurement indicators (e.g. KPIs). Also provide senior management and shareholders with a good understanding of the business performance and drivers.
- Work on enhancing integration of processes between Performance Control and other corporate departments.
Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare a monthly report that is suitable in identifying the leading and lagging indications of the business.
- Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local tax authorities.
- Prepare and file monthly federal and state tax returns, HMO and other statutory payments, with required schedule on monthly basis.
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state and local government taxation issues.
- Identify tax savings by following industrial/business environment trend to take advantage of the tax loophole to reduce tax liabilities and maximize profit.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all the statutory requirement.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all performance control duties (Performance management and reporting).
- Create and manage the company’s reporting, on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, to meet the requirements of various stakeholders.
- Ensure analysis and various checks on business unit including financial variance analysis, working capital, key performance drivers, capital expenditures, and cash flows are completed accurately and timely as required.
- Act as a liaison between other financial groups (Inventory Control, Revenue Control, Treasury, etc.).
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiaries, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the Company’s subsidiaries and parent Company
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
Deadline: 30th March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the position of interest as the subject of the mail.