Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) – Spain is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Abuja 30% – Borno, Yobe, Zamfara and any other intervention as needed.
Report to: Project Medical Referent –PMR
Report to (functional) : Project Medical Referent –PMR
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- Participate to medical/humanitarian emergency assessment or explo-action or intervention et Provide outpatient and inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, Guidelines, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions during emergency explo or intervention.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention.
- Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication that may arise l.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- Manage the team under his / her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
Be member of NIMERT team:
- Participate actively to any emergency assessment ,explo-action or intervention engaged by NIMERT team in an emergency settings
- Be a key person in emergency pool, well trained and available
- Carry out the assessment with support of his supervisor by respecting MSF standard guidelines and protocols
- Participate in pre rapid assessment briefing, in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, in writing explo report
- Ensure that emergency pool members are trained in order to optimize the quality of the explo or intervention.
- Detect any need of training among the team and propose to the supervisor;
- Assist to every training or meeting organized for capacity building
- Have knowledge in tropical medicine and medical/humanitarian diseases outbreaks response like Measles,Cholera,Meningitis,Nutrition crisis,IDPs,yellow fever,VHFs,malaria,vaccination campaign (Ensures vaccination according to age and protocol or vaccination strategy) etc;
- Ensures that all members of emergency pool promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all medical information for beneficiaries.
- Intervenes in support to other members of emergency pool when needed
- Liaise with MH/ SGBV/HP team for the treatment of patients during intervention if needed.
- Identify and ensure prompt referral of patients if needed and according to the security context during the explo-action or intervention.
- Checks that hygiene rules to protect emergency team and patients/beneficiaries are followed during emergency intervention
- Ensures a correct and fluid communication with the NIMERT team and other projects
- MBBS Certificate, Desirable certificate in Tropical Medicine and Emergency Response Training (ERT)
- 2 years’ experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work and work before with MSF or another NGO.
- Desirable in tropical medicine and medical/humanitarian outbreaks response knowledge, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, pediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Power Point)
- People Management
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Result Oriented
- Teamwork, good spirit
- Pro-active, initiative, reactive and anticipative
As per the msf salary scale (national contract)
Deadline: 30th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials. MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.