University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the position below tenable in the Environmental Management and Control at the Centre for Environmental Management and Control, University of Nigeria:
Job Title: NNPC / SHELL Professorial Chair in Environmental Management and Control
Advert Ref: UNP/SSR
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position for the NNPC / SHELL Professorial Chair in Environmental Management and Control at the Centre for Environmental Management and Control, University of Nigeria.
Qualifications And Experience
- A candidate for this position must be an experienced Professor in Environmental Management and Control. He should, within the terms of his employment in the University, teach and supervise post-graduate students in Environmental Management and Control and carry out targeted research designed to resolve challenging environmental issues affecting the society.
In addition, the applicant should have:
- Extensive experience in the practice of teaching and research as captured in his / her curriculum vitae;
- Carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Environmental Management and Control in high impact journals;
- A commitment to work full-time while devoting himself/herself completely to the challenges of academic excellence implicit in the position;
- The capacity to establish linkages / collaborations with persons and institutions both nationally and internationally in the pursuit of excellence in knowledge and practice of Environmental Management and Control;
- Ability to work as a team member of other research groups in the Centre;
- Ability to meet other requirements as may be identified by the trustees.
Entitlements And Conditions Of Service
- The award to a beneficiary shall be for a period of four (4) years. This may be extended for an additional period not exceeding four (4) years, subject to quality performance/quality delivery in terms of value addition to SPDC, the University and the society at large in the first term.
- As approved by SPDC, the Chair occupant will enjoy a premium plus other attractive incentives.
- The Chair occupant will be required to publish and disseminate research results in high impact journals and organise major seminars / lectures / symposia.
Deadline: 7th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae stating phone numbers, e-mail addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience (teaching, research and publications) to reach:
University of Nigeria, Nsukka,