Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personnel Administration Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Main objective and responsibility of the position
- Is responsible of ensuring that MSF is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission.
- Know labour legislation in force in mission country; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities at this level;
- Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc,) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
- In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfillment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department. .
- Informs Deputy HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps Deputy HRCo informed at any time.
- Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff’ (national, international, regional, etc.) working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
- In close collaboration with Deputy HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR-Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
- Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid, and that any new function or amendment to an existing one (including significant changes in responsibilities and/or mixing existing functions) are requested in advance to Deputy HRCo and HRCo/ for previous validation by HQ. Identifies deviations and shares them with Deputy HRCo in order to draw an action plan in case corrections are needed/convenient.
- Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures.
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of Deputy HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation.
- Upon request of the Deputy HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices.
- Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
- Interested candidates should possess a degree qualification with at least 2 years work experience.
Deadline: 23rd March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only ONE application should be submitted as multiple applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview, and only successful applicants will be notified to come to start work]
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organisation