Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals. When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to oversee all purchasing activities and ensure purchased items are of high quality and cost-efficient.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Source for reliable Vendors / Suppliers.
- Work closely with the Admin department to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Assist in the development of specifications for goods, and services to be purchased.
- Prepare purchase orders, request Invoices, and compare offers from vendors.
- Conduct periodic market surveys.
- Identify markets for purchasing consumables, perishable items, Office stationeries, Electrical Appliances, and other items as needed.
- Perform periodic Market purchases for food and other perishable items
- Negotiate and ensure the most cost-effective option is selected.
- Follow up with the Finance Department to obtain approval for requests.
- Ensure supplies are delivered in a reasonable time.
- Inspect delivery to confirm the quality and correctness of items received.
- Create & maintain relationships with key suppliers/vendors.
- Work with the Store Officer in ensuring all items have re-order levels.
- Put systems in place for requisition before supplies are exhausted.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports, and price lists.
- Maintain records of Suppliers/Vendors, Orders, and requests.
- Any other duty assigned to the Officer by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a purchasing officer for a Restaurant, Hospital, or hospitality business.
- Must be organized with attention to detail.
- Able to manage and optimize workload, prioritize multiple projects, and ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Able to negotiate.
- Proficient in the use of computers specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Applicants should reside in Abuja.
Deadline: 13th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title and Location (E.g: Purchasing Officer – Abuja)” as the subject of the email.
Note: Failure to abide by the subject of the email would lead to automatic disqualification.