FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Security Coordinator
- The Security Officer under the direct guidance of the Security Coordinator will mitigate the risks poised to Programs, personnel and assets through provision of expertise and focused Security Management support.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Security Management or related field.
- Professional certification in security risk management or advanced security management highly desirable.
- Security or management certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 5 – 7 years working in security Industry, experience working in complex insecure settings preferred.
- 3 years working in Security management for NGO or donor funded organization.
- Experience in liaising with law enforcement agencies in Nigeria.
- Experience in managing incidents, incident mapping, developing and producing high quality security reports and assessments.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrative security management experience in hostile environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online