PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Assurance Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry / Sector: FS X-Sector
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities.
- Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
- To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework.
- It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know-how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate engagement teams on financial audits of Financial services companies like Banks and Investment companies using International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Exercise sound judgment by making decisions throughout the engagement, including assessment of engagement risks, design and selection of audit procedures necessary to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluation of documentation and audit evidence received.
- Preparation and 1st level review of complex consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Lead accounting Advisory and other Assurance Engagements.
- Serve as effective liaison and representative between the firm and the client.
- Work harmoniously and productively within a team; providing necessary supports to superior and motivate less experienced team members to deliver their work in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Work with partners and engagement managers regarding project management, including scheduling, staffing and the engagement budget.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- ACA / ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to banks, Investment companies and other Financial services companies
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Must be working or must have worked in a consulting / Audit firm – with a minimum of 4 – 5 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the financial services sector (e.g Banks, insurance companies and Pension funds)
- Have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
- Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? No
- Government Clearance Required? No.
Deadline: 7th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online